Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

List of options dealer can set in truck modules

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 12:08 PM
The FORScan Guy

Received 4,909 Likes on 1,991 Posts

Default List of options dealer can set in truck modules

I recently purchased the factory service manual for my truck and noticed the list of "Available Progammable
Parameters" that the dealer can (if willing) set to the truck's computer. I searched here and didn't find the list so I thought I'd post in case it helps someone. Some of the options listed obviously won't work if you don't have the appropriate trim level that has that particular item.

For those with the manual it's under section "418-01 Module Configuration" (page 7241 on mine)

APIM Module: Travel Link (touchscreen with navigation)

ACM Module: Auxiliary 1 | Engine noise enhancement enable/disable

BCM Module: Approach detection | Autolamp delay | Auto lock/unlock | Auto relock | Bed lamp enable/disable | Body manufacture code configuration | DRL by autolamps configuration | Keypad enable | Lock feedback light | Mislock horn | One/two stage unlock | Park lock control | Passive entry/lock/start | Perimeter alarm | Piezo Sounder feedback | Police dark car feature | Power lock enable | Power point max time/time out | Rain sensing enable | Rear fold mirror | Remote start enable/disable | Valet mode

HSWM Module: Temperature setpoint: Normal or warm | Warmer or hot

IPC Module: Remote start feature configuration | Climate settings: driver seat, passenger seat, steering wheel | Trailer brake gain
warning

RCM Module: Driver Beltminder status | Passenger Beltminder status

SODL Module: Blockage enabled | BLIS/ CTA enable/disable

SODR Module: Blockage enabled | BLIS/ CTA enable/disable

Last edited by Livnitup; 05-13-2016 at 12:36 PM.
Old 05-13-2016, 12:19 PM

Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts

I'd bet lots of folk would love to see instructions on that first one. Lots of guys are modifying the wiring to disable the engine enhancements.

Great find!
Old 05-13-2016, 12:34 PM

Received 162 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Livnitup
This is not configurable via the truck's controls. This has to be disabled via the IDS, which is a diagnostic tool / software package the dealership has. Ford will apparently license this to almost anyone, but it's not cheap. The price I found for it was $2,300 or so.

Originally Posted by Sysop
I'd bet lots of folk would love to see instructions on that first one. Lots of guys are modifying the wiring to disable the engine enhancements.

Great find!

The only ones who can do that are the people who have the Sony radio. Guys like me with a Lariat 501A or 500A have to have the dealer do it through the IDS.
The following users liked this post:
Ricktwuhk (05-13-2016)
Old 05-13-2016, 12:41 PM
MGD
former member

Received 856 Likes on 613 Posts

I recently purchased the factory service manual for my truck and noticed the list of "Available Progammable
Parameters" that the dealer can (if willing) set to the truck's computer. I searched here and didn't find the list so I thought I'd post in case it helps someone. Some of the options listed obviously won't work if you don't have the appropriate trim level that has that particular item.

For those with the manual it's under section "418-01 Module Configuration" (page 7241 on mine)

BCM Module: Approach detection | Autolamp delay | Auto lock/unlock | Auto relock | Bed lamp enable/disable | Body manufacture code configuration | DRL by autolamps configuration | Keypad enable | Lock feedback light | Mislock horn | One/two stage unlock | Park lock control | Passive entry/lock/start | Perimeter alarm | Piezo Sounder feedback | Police dark car feature | Power lock enable | Power point max time/time out | Rain sensing enable | Rear fold mirror | Remote start enable/disable | Valet mode

IPC Module: Remote start feature configuration | Climate settings: driver seat, passenger seat, steering wheel | Trailer brake gain
warning

Compare that to what Forscan can access:

http://forscan.org/modules_list.html

MGD

Last edited by MGD; 05-13-2016 at 01:07 PM. Reason: forgot endquote
Old 05-13-2016, 12:48 PM
The FORScan Guy

When placing the order for this manual I had to give them my VIN # and it contains build data of my vehicle so while most of the manual is generic to all models, some of it will have info up to my trim package (Platinum) and options I suppose.
Old 05-13-2016, 12:49 PM

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

[QUOTE=MGD;4736366]

warning

MGD

This is why the backyard mechanic is disappearing. The electronics onboard need to be accessed by scanners ($$$$$$) which are kept updated. I'm not complaining (too much) since this also makes it easier for diagnosis and repair.
Old 05-13-2016, 09:56 PM
The FORScan Guy

Originally Posted by Ifallsguy

This is why the backyard mechanic is disappearing. The electronics onboard need to be accessed by scanners ($$$$$$) which are kept updated. I'm not complaining (too much) since this also makes it easier for diagnosis and repair.
So true and gone are the days when there was lots of room under the hood to work
Old 05-13-2016, 09:58 PM

Received 162 Likes on 132 Posts

So true and gone are the days when there was lots of room under the hood to work
I used to love working in the engine bays of the 1960's era trucks as a teenager. Good times.
Old 05-13-2016, 10:24 PM

Received 600 Likes on 441 Posts

Originally Posted by MGD

MGD
In fairness, IDS has TONS of pages of modules it can access. Its a complicated and convoluted program. But yes, Forscan still has an advantage because it can do low-level assembly program IDS cant (see APIM config posts).
Old 05-14-2016, 06:12 AM

Received 58 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by MGD
Compare that to what Forscan can access: http://forscan.org/modules_list.html MGD
Access yes, but can you modify values or just view them?

Quick Reply: List of options dealer can set in truck modules