Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Line-X Bed-liner/Undercoating in Saint Louis, Missouri

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 01:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Line-X Bed-liner/Undercoating in Saint Louis, Missouri

I have recently ordered myself a new truck (2017 Screw XLT Magnetic) and plan to do a spray in bed liner aftermarket. I wanted the community's feedback on a great spot to do the Line-X coating in the Saint Louis area.

I know that the majority of the battle is finding a good installer. I have had Rhino Linings done on other trucks, but they were not as durable as I'd hoped.

I plan for this new truck to be a 10 year truck, or more. Is it worth it to get the undercoating done? Also, is it worth it to pay more for the UV protection on top of the Line-X coating?

Your help is much appreciated!
Old 05-30-2017, 05:32 PM

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

I had my bed sprayed with the Platinum coating which is their "Extreme Protection + UV Resistance. So far I think it is great and I honestly feel like I would have to really try to mess it up.

If you plan on keeping the truck for a long time and it is going to be in the sun all the time then I would say definitely get the UV protection. If you are going to put a topper or cover onthen it isn't as essential. In terms of undercoating I am not sure exactly what you mean. However, I sprayed my rear wheel wells at the same time with the same coating. At the time I think it cost $250 to spray the wheel wells and most plastic liners cost around $130. I prefer the spray over the liners for durability, appearance, and etc. If you are going to do this you really need to do it at the same time you spray in your bed because it will be much cheaper since they have already taken the whole bed off the truck to spray.

If you are worried about durability and keeping the truck looking nice for the long term I would say go ahead and spring for the better coating. That is what I did and I was in the same boat as you are now. After all, when you spend that kind of money on a brand new truck it is worth paying a bit more to keep it looking nice.

Be sure to look the spray over well to make sure there isn't any clumps that stick out and could catch on something. I had to make them remove a few spots on mine.