Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leveling kit and warranty

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 01:56 AM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Leveling kit and warranty

Will a 2.5 leveling kit void my warranty?
Old 11-30-2015, 02:59 AM
FX4RoadWarrior

Received 494 Likes on 353 Posts

If the dealer decides it does, you have to prove it doesn't otherwise, do you have deep pockets? Some have luck, how lucky are you?
Old 11-30-2015, 04:40 AM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

the last two ive had leveled I payed the dealership to do it, so never had issues with them as far as warranty...but you should still check with them to be sure....
Old 11-30-2015, 11:19 AM

Received 72 Likes on 30 Posts

they have to prove the leveling kit directly caused what ever the issue is.

so if your joints wear out, or something in the front suspension breaks then sure, they might not do any warranty work on those parts. but it wont void your entire warranty.
Old 11-30-2015, 11:41 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My dealer told me that if anyone besides a Ford dealer installed it, it would void warranty
Old 11-30-2015, 11:45 AM

Received 55 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Deeter1
My dealer told me that if anyone besides a Ford dealer installed it, it would void warranty
They lied...

Look up the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.
Old 11-30-2015, 01:04 PM

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Mine is at ford right now, the passenger side IWE is bad. The part is not covered under warranty. They explained to me anything dealing with a wheel and or suspension will no longer be covered.
Old 11-30-2015, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Blckwlf
They lied...

Look up the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.
the roads are strewn with people who tried to use that act...I know one personally who tried it on the passenger airbags when they stated his installation of new headlights compromised all electronics in the car...Chevy flew 4 top lawyers down from New York and dissected his local lawyer.....

the funny thing is not during the whole case did they even mention his air bags, it was about 15 completely different issues....all they have to prove is one little thing and then there's even a small possibility they use it...

everyone throws around the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act like its a magic wand...you will find that you will not win in court...unless you want to pay the millions in retainers for all the best lawyers..that act court case was high dollar for the time in fact....most people dont have that kind of money to burn to win a point...the system is rigged and you dont even know it...

find out how many times the act has been used successfully in court.....its depressing...
Old 11-30-2015, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by gonefishin776
they have to prove the leveling kit directly caused what ever the issue is.

so if your joints wear out, or something in the front suspension breaks then sure, they might not do any warranty work on those parts. but it wont void your entire warranty.
all they have to do is say it did, how are you going to prove otherwise? There is zero proof a proper tune by itself, no additional hardware does anything to a vehicle, yet they say it does and noone can prove to them otherwise......they have said it so its set in stone...

Accept the fact that if you do anything to the truck beyond cosmetic, you are risking voiding your warranty..if you dont want to accept that risk then dont do it....
Old 11-30-2015, 05:56 PM

Received 55 Likes on 31 Posts

Still, whatever the odds, if you do aftermarket mods, only the damage done in connection to said mods can be voided.

If you upgrade your suspension with a lift, your heater core is still in warranty.

Yes, all they need is a small connection, but in general, a mod won't void your whole warranty.

I've never had a new vehicle, never used a warranty, so I wouldn't know much about that process, but the facts still remain.

The act provides some protections. As with any law, it's not bulletproof.

Quick Reply: Leveling kit and warranty