Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leveled Trucks and towing

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2016, 09:36 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Leveled Trucks and towing

I see many of you leveling your trucks. My understanding is that the rear is raised in order to allow for the added weight of cargo and trailers. How many of you with leveled trucks also tow? I agree the trucks look good with a level, but are you sacrificing your ability to tow? Or do you then add airbags to allow for the added weight?
Old 03-04-2016, 09:43 AM
Mark

Received 2,410 Likes on 2,111 Posts

Airbags will give you the best of both worlds..
Old 03-04-2016, 09:45 AM
Beer, Boats, and Trucks.

Received 603 Likes on 457 Posts

Yup rake is all about towing and hauling. How big a load are you planning on towing?

Best way to see this, measure the height of your hitch before the trailer hooked up, and then after. That is how much lower your backend will be from the front after the level while towing.

Like TechRep said, Airbags are one of the best things you can do if you tow. I personally dont have experience with them, but the people I know who do have them easily call it the best thing they've done to their truck.
Old 03-04-2016, 09:59 AM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm planning to level my truck later this spring with a BDS kit, but I'm also planning to do the 1" rear block to leave just a little bit of rake. I have a weight distribution hitch on my travel trailer so my rear end doesn't sag down much when it's hooked up. But I do want to leave some amount of rake in case I need to hook up to something that's not using a WDH.

Quick Reply: Leveled Trucks and towing