Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lenz Auto - Canadian Trucks

Old 03-23-2016, 11:05 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Lenz Auto - Canadian Trucks

Anyone ever buy from Lenz Auto in WI? THey have some great looking trucks at pretty decent prices. I've looked at quite a few, online, and they look like a lot are Canadian lease trucks are trucks purchased at an auction from Canada. Does anyone have any experience with Lenz or buying a Canadian truck in the states?

Also, should I be worried of all the under 10000 mile trucks they get? It makes me a little nervous of buying someone else's "problem". Just trying to research before making a 4 hour drive there.

Thanks
Old 03-24-2016, 09:13 AM

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

I wouldn't worry about the low mileage trucks as being problems. The dealers are offering pretty crazy trade in values because our Canadian dollar is low and they are being sent to the states for the most part. The prices on the new trucks haven't gone up at the same rate as the used ones so there are a pile of 2-4 year old trucks being traded here.
Old 03-24-2016, 10:04 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I wouldn't worry about it. I just traded my 2012 XLT SCREW 4x4 with 45K KM (28,000 miles) on a 2016 and they gave me $28K for my truck on the trade-in. Like Chease44 said the deals in Canada right now are hard to pass up.
Old 03-24-2016, 11:10 AM

Received 647 Likes on 340 Posts

I have been to their facility. Huge inventory and the service people are very friendly and easy to deal with. Yes they move a lot of vehicles.
Old 03-24-2016, 03:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought from them. Overall the experience was fantastic. If you are going to do any mods, ask for Jim, he was the best part of the whole buying experience. Bought mine with 15,000 miles and less than a yr old...saved a ton over buying new.
Attached Thumbnails Lenz Auto - Canadian Trucks-image-67625327.jpg  

Last edited by emeyer20; 03-24-2016 at 07:35 PM.
Old 03-24-2016, 04:42 PM

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Lenz Auto

Originally Posted by Robb81
Anyone ever buy from Lenz Auto in WI? THey have some great looking trucks at pretty decent prices. I've looked at quite a few, online, and they look like a lot are Canadian lease trucks are trucks purchased at an auction from Canada. Does anyone have any experience with Lenz or buying a Canadian truck in the states?

Also, should I be worried of all the under 10000 mile trucks they get? It makes me a little nervous of buying someone else's "problem". Just trying to research before making a 4 hour drive there.

Thanks
I live about 5 miles from them, never bought a truck from them, but looked at many. Always seemed a bit low on Trade-In offer. Otherwise a nice dealership. Trucks look nice, and have had service work done there and was happy with the work they did. Most 10,000 mile trucks still have factory warranty so no worries there.
The following users liked this post:
Robb81 (03-24-2016)
Old 03-24-2016, 06:47 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Warranty

Originally Posted by Jimbo2011
I live about 5 miles from them, never bought a truck from them, but looked at many. Always seemed a bit low on Trade-In offer. Otherwise a nice dealership. Trucks look nice, and have had service work done there and was happy with the work they did. Most 10,000 mile trucks still have factory warranty so no worries there.
Are the warranties the same as a truck from the USA? Never considered buying a vehicle that came from Canada so this is a whole new experience.

Thanks
Old 11-28-2018, 05:23 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I apologize for bringing an old thread to life. I have been considering this route and was curious if anyone else has reviews or thought on this company. Thank you.
Old 11-28-2018, 05:36 PM

Received 90 Likes on 61 Posts

I live in WI and see alot of trucks with the Lenz sticker on the tailgate.
Ive been there, and like was said they have alot of inventory. Never bought anything from them. I had a buddy that did. He never mentioned anything bad about them or the truck, so I guess thats a positive.
Old 11-28-2018, 11:19 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I've been there a couple times, but never was able to work out a deal. They seem nice enough, and I too see lots of Lenz stickers, so they must be doing something right.

The first time I went there - which was quite a few years ago - the owner told me they sold new trucks at "invoice" price through a network of on-the-road salespeople, and their used inventory was the best of the trade-ins. Not sure how accurate that was, or whether or not they still do that.

Seems like they might be working the auction circuit as well. Lots of dealers pick up newer used inventory that way, just watch out that they're not trying to sell something that was in a bad accident or a buyback.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lenz Auto - Canadian Trucks