Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED DRL Options Ideas

Old 01-31-2016, 06:19 PM

Received 103 Likes on 71 Posts

Default LED DRL Options Ideas

I find it strange that Ford who basically worked for years on these headlights didn't come up with a more unique LED DRL than using the existing headlamp at low power.

I personally love the look of Lexus, Audi and other manufacturers DRL implementation.

I also don't want to see the Amber portion in my headlight be the DRL, I think it's too much. I was the "member that backed out of a retrofit" that Hbrown had for the Morimoto Fog rectangular HALO kit (I didn't stick him, he PM'ed me because he had an extra set) I didn't think they would be bright enough in daylight.

I have seen Putco and Rostra which are both seem overpriced. I am thinking about installing the Phillips Daylight 8 kit in one of these openings and want to see if anyone else had done something similiar.

This gap between the bumper and grille area but slim...

Maybe install Phillips DRL here?

Anyone else do this?
Old 01-31-2016, 06:53 PM

Received 129 Likes on 80 Posts

No hard feelings at all. I didn't mean that you "backed out" in a bad way.

Anyway you could cut out a place on the front of the bumper in the plastic insert on the two sides and put something like this https://www.theretrofitsource.com/le...l#.Vq6b6cdpAcg

Or this
Amazon.com: ZHOL® Audi 9 LED DRL Daytime Running Light Kit White: Automotive Amazon.com: ZHOL® Audi 9 LED DRL Daytime Running Light Kit White: Automotive

Or something to that effect. Heres where I'm saying you could put it.

The following users liked this post:
sticker500 (01-31-2016)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LED DRL Options Ideas