Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lariat leather seat treatment?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 07:06 AM

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Lariat leather seat treatment?

The seats in my 2015 just seem to be dry. Is that the way the leather is? Anyone had good luck with any leather conditioners? I know the auto parts stores have tons of them but like most things there's a bunch of crap. I was thinking of just using my 303 protectant on them which I use on the dash to UV protect it.
Old 07-27-2017, 07:18 AM

Received 691 Likes on 568 Posts

I went to Tractor Supply and got a leather saddle treatment. I also have an 07 King Ranch so it has a different kind of leather than you're going to have but I still think it would probably work good on your seats.
Old 07-27-2017, 10:51 AM

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

I use Meguiers gold leather cleaner/conditioner and it seems to work fine. Its a spray so I just spray it on a clean micro fiber and wipe/rub it on the leather surfaces.
Old 07-27-2017, 11:01 AM

Received 175 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by massspike
I use Meguiers gold leather cleaner/conditioner and it seems to work fine. Its a spray so I just spray it on a clean micro fiber and wipe/rub it on the leather surfaces.
Yep - been using this on Ford's "leather" (ie, not Plat/KR/Limited) for a long time. Works great, keeps the seats real nice, and even cleans some of the stains from blue jeans off of the camel in my new truck (always had gray or black leather before - never stained it).

-John
Old 07-27-2017, 11:01 AM

Received 225 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by massspike
This. I got the one in the pump bottle, I pump out a few squrits on a microfiber applicator, rub it on and done. I used it for 2.5 years on my old ram and was impressed with it. And its not very expensive, I got it at walmart.

I wouldnt argue that there are nicer options, but I would recommend it over all the other local store bought stuff.
Old 07-27-2017, 02:51 PM

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

After doing a little research and discovering that leather seats are more like vinyl than leather...seems to be well understood that most all leather in automotive use (except of course Bentley and the like) is a coated leather with a polyurethane product which makes sense with the the way the leather feels and and that any liquid that hits it beads and doesn't soak in... I mused the 303 Protectant on them and wow. Perfect. Rub it in really good and in about 20 minutes the seats look and feel great and are now very well protected.

Reading some auto detailing forums most seem to agree that any leather product really doesn't work on the coated type leather we have in these trucks.
Old 07-27-2017, 03:03 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Adam's leather conditioner, the best I've found (watch the video on their web site). Also use their "new leather & interior cleaner". I haven't found anything this stuff doesn't clean off, from ink to dried candy (grand kids can make serious mess)
Old 08-03-2017, 11:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use Mother's California gold. I used it on my 2017 days after I picked it up and it made the seats much nicer!
Old 08-04-2017, 06:43 AM
09 FX4

Received 179 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by tmh23
I mused the 303 Protectant on them and wow. Perfect. Rub it in really good and in about 20 minutes the seats look and feel great and are now very well protected.
Unless the leather products are cheaper, Aerospace 303 Vinyl Protective is outstanding for our "pleather" seats. it doesn't clean them per se, so a vinyl cleaning product should be used beforehand. But this is the best I've found for them.
Old 08-04-2017, 07:36 AM

Received 564 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by stormsearch
Unless the leather products are cheaper, Aerospace 303 Vinyl Protective is outstanding for our "pleather" seats. it doesn't clean them per se, so a vinyl cleaning product should be used beforehand. But this is the best I've found for them.
I'll second that. My 2003 Dodge Ram leather still look great when I sold it late last year for the Ford. Same for my wife's 2005 Magnum RT.

I even use it on my leather jackets.