Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lane Keeping Assist not working (Icon Disappears)

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lane Keeping Assist not working (Icon Disappears)

I bought a 2016 Lariat with the 502 tech package and I am not able to get my Lane Keeping Assist to work. Here is what I've done so far
  1. Start Truck then press the Icon behind the shift
  2. The Icon shows for a brief moment. Is gray
  3. Then after a couple of seconds the Icon disappears automatically
  4. I get on the highway and make sure I'm going over 35 miles an hour but I'm still not able to get the icon to reappear by pressing the button

When I first got the truck it worked like a beauty till I almost killed myself by trying to exit the highway without using a blinker.However, since I've turned it off I simply can't get it to turn back on. Am I doing something wrong or do I just need to suck it up and take it to a dealership?
Old 02-11-2016, 08:19 PM
Daily Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

interesting, as my '15 platinum (2k miles) worked fine for a couple of weeks but I can't get it to turn on at all now. i am not overly concerned as i'm not a huge fan of it but it is still irritating that it's broke. i see the aid vs. alert vs. aid & alert setting in productivity menus as well as the intensity settings but the only on/off control is behind the shifter. that button no es bueno as it does not chooch when i push it. i have not had any malfunctioning message (that i ever saw) pop up either. no mykeys ever used or configured and the icon no longer lights up on the dash. adaptive cruise still works fine and that feature is actually very useful so no dealer trip for me yet.

small detail but worth looking at, i suppose. iirc the manual states that 40 mph is the magic number that the truck must have on the dash before it will work instead of 35 mph mentioned above.

Last edited by BugsRucker; 02-11-2016 at 08:21 PM.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:05 PM

Received 216 Likes on 145 Posts

I wonder if salt or dirt on the camera lenses under the mirrors could affect it? I think it uses this to detect the painted lines on the road. Just a thought
Old 02-11-2016, 09:12 PM

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

If you guys run a Vehicle Diagnostics Check, do all sections check out okay??
Old 02-12-2016, 07:57 AM

Received 352 Likes on 245 Posts

Make sure the button behind the shifter wasn't pressed, if so, press it again
Old 02-12-2016, 07:31 PM
Daily Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i tried mine after washing the truck with no luck and the 360 camera is clear on the screen. i would imagine the icon would show on the dash in grey if it came on. havent done a diagnostic check though, will look into that tomorrow.
Old 02-14-2016, 04:55 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Add me to this list. Worked fine for the first month I had my truck but today no go. Could get the grey icons to show briefly when I turn truck off and back in but disappears after a few seconds with no error message. Don't use mine much either but really pisses me off that it didn't work when I wanted it to.
Old 02-24-2016, 05:45 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Either of you guys bring your truck in or figure out what was wrong with it?
Old 03-11-2016, 04:11 PM

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts

My '15 Platinum quit working as well. My icon shows up gray but it absolutely does not work. Also, my high beams don't automatically dim at on coming traffic. I am under the impression both those features operate from the front facing camera below the rearview mirror?

If that's the case, I wonder if mine is faulty. My adaptive cruise has always works and I took the vehicle on a trip a couple weeks ago and it randomly worked on the way to but not on the way back and hasn't since. Sort of frustrating.

I'm not a huge fan of it, either, but I can't stand that fact that it isn't working when it's suppose to.
Old 03-12-2016, 12:09 PM

Received 2,719 Likes on 2,056 Posts

Both the LKA and Auto highbeams use the camera in front of the mirror. For LKA if it cant see the lines it will not function, and its above 40 MPH before they become active. Usually if it can't see passed the windshield, like say in heavy fog, it will alert that the camera is blocked, at least it does in the other cars from Ford, like the Fusion and MKT I had. If the AHB isnt working there is a fault that you will have to take in to get diagnosed.

Quick Reply: Lane Keeping Assist not working (Icon Disappears)