Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

L.E.D. Mirror spotlights

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 10:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default L.E.D. Mirror spotlights

Anyone have any idea if the dealer installs the mirror spotlights of if there is an aftermarket source?
This is for a 2015 XLT
Old 09-07-2015, 11:50 AM

Received 163 Likes on 94 Posts

I am pretty sure the dealer would take your money in exchange for new mirrors and the accompanying components needed for the spot lights. (New dash trim and left/right light buttons, harnesses, reprogram the computer, etc).

Coming from somebody who has them, buy a flashlight.

They only turn on if you are parked or barely at a crawl, they turn off quickly, they cannot be aimed vertically, to adjust the horizontal axis you have to move the entire mirror. I have tried mine, and have yet to find an actual use for them. I camp a lot and never used them once.

Why then do I have them? I did want the tow mirrors, and the spotlights are a mandatory add on. Love the mirrors, and it is not like I hate the spotlights, I just have no use for them.

Originally Posted by guyndog
Anyone have any idea if the dealer installs the mirror spotlights of if there is an aftermarket source?
This is for a 2015 XLT
Old 09-07-2015, 11:54 AM

Received 620 Likes on 434 Posts

My tow mirror LED lights and cameras work great for illuminating the sides of the truck for entry and exit with the power running boards at night. They also work great for the 360 degree view at night. They came from the factory perfectly aligned.
Old 09-07-2015, 12:02 PM

Received 163 Likes on 94 Posts

I believe you are talking about the LED Puddle Lamps? The LED spotlights do not turn on with the perimeter lighting on entry/exit.

Originally Posted by Takeda
My tow mirror LED lights and cameras work great for illuminating the sides of the truck for entry and exit with the power running boards at night. They also work great for the 360 degree view at night. They came from the factory perfectly aligned.
Old 09-07-2015, 12:18 PM

Received 367 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Danager

They only turn on if you are parked or barely at a crawl, they turn off quickly, they cannot be aimed vertically, to adjust the horizontal axis you have to move the entire mirror. I have tried mine, and have yet to find an actual use for them. I camp a lot and never used them once.
There's a thread on here where you can install a simple jumper and have the use of your mirror spot lights at anytime.
Old 09-07-2015, 01:16 PM

Received 620 Likes on 434 Posts

Originally Posted by Danager
I believe you are talking about the LED Puddle Lamps? The LED spotlights do not turn on with the perimeter lighting on entry/exit.
These are LEDs mounted under the side mirrors. They also have switches where they can be turned on manually.

Last edited by Takeda; 09-07-2015 at 01:37 PM.

Quick Reply: L.E.D. Mirror spotlights