Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Knocking noise from moonroof

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 07:30 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Knocking noise from moonroof

Hey guys.

I keep hearing some odd knocking like noise over bumps. Not all bumps either. It seems to be coming from the moon roof some place. Anyone have same thing? I just can't pinpoint exactly what it is.

Rob
Old 04-20-2015, 07:38 PM

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Sounds like it might be loose... bouncing up and down maybe?

Have you tried pushing up a little with your hand?
Old 04-21-2015, 01:37 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 805 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by RP_DATA
Hey guys.

I keep hearing some odd knocking like noise over bumps. Not all bumps either. It seems to be coming from the moon roof some place. Anyone have same thing? I just can't pinpoint exactly what it is.

Rob
Thanks for reaching out about this, Rob; I'll get a case into the hands of your regional customer service manager for further assistance. Please send me a private message with your full name, VIN, current mileage, servicing dealership, and best daytime contact number.

Brittany
The following 3 users liked this post by FordService:
CruzCtrl (04-11-2016), mpritc1019 (01-18-2017), RP_DATA (04-21-2015)
Old 04-21-2015, 02:28 PM

Received 88 Likes on 51 Posts

Hey guys.

Rob
Interesting... I've heard the same thing when the moonroof is open to the first position, it's almost like it is rattling up and down in the track from the wind, as it only seems to happen at speeds above 40mph. It also does it when it is fully opened, but not as bad, maybe because the panel is more shielded from the wind.

-Chuck
Old 04-21-2015, 02:30 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by soccercoach61
Interesting... I've heard the same thing when the moonroof is open to the first position, it's almost like it is rattling up and down in the track from the wind, as it only seems to happen at speeds above 40mph. It also does it when it is fully opened, but not as bad, maybe because the panel is more shielded from the wind.

-Chuck
Have not checked with it open, in any position. This happens when it's closed...going in tomorrow for a few things...see what happens.
Old 04-21-2015, 02:33 PM

Have not checked with it open, in any position. This happens when it's closed...going in tomorrow for a few things...see what happens.
I've never heard it when it's closed, only when it's open, and only above certain speeds. I can't pinpoint its exact location either, but it is definitely coming from the moonroof. And knock on wood, I have not had an issue with leaks so far...

Last edited by soccercoach61; 04-21-2015 at 02:34 PM. Reason: clarification
The following users liked this post:
dkar26 (04-28-2016)
Old 04-21-2015, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys.

Rob
Got the same thing in my 2011 FX4 when it glass is not open.Slider shut or not it rattles at certain frequencies usually under 60kph and rough road. Wedged a piece of wood between slider and back of roof top and it solved problem. Think there is a clip that is loose that ties the panel to the roof.
Old 04-21-2015, 03:13 PM
Ford Customer Service

-Chuck
I've never heard it when it's closed, only when it's open, and only above certain speeds. I can't pinpoint its exact location either, but it is definitely coming from the moonroof. And knock on wood, I have not had an issue with leaks so far...
Thanks for reaching out! I'll get a case started; all I'll need is a PM with your full name, VIN, servicing dealer, current mileage, and best daytime contact number.

Brittany
Old 04-21-2015, 04:07 PM

Thanks Brittany, PM sent.

-Chuck
Old 04-21-2015, 05:49 PM
Ford Customer Service

Thanks Brittany, PM sent.

-Chuck
Thanks a bunch, Chuck! I'll check it out and get back to you as soon as I can.

Brittany

Quick Reply: Knocking noise from moonroof