Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Key Chime Sound In Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2018, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Key Chime Sound In Speakers

Hi, Does anyone know how the Chime sound works in the speakers? I have a 2017 truck and it sometimes sounds through the cluster and other times it comes through the speakers. Now my friends truck doesn't come through the speakers at all. So is there a way to set it up to do that somehow? Thanks guys.
Old 05-03-2018, 07:43 PM

Received 1,139 Likes on 713 Posts

Mines usually sounds through the speakers but if I leave the key in the ignition and it's off the chime will come from the cluster.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:24 PM

Received 107 Likes on 69 Posts

Which brings up the question - again... - other than tripping the door latch with a pencil, how does one turn off the key chime when door is open, key in? It seems that every time I drive the truck, I need to get while it is running or the key is in the ignition, to get something, check the trailer, etc, and the thing rings out - most annoying to me. Thanks.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:28 PM

Received 102 Likes on 64 Posts

Mine is the same. About 90% of the time it's through the speakers and 10% through the dash like the older Fords were. I have push button start so not sure about the key in the ignition part making a difference.
Old 05-03-2018, 10:25 PM
Super user

Received 197 Likes on 134 Posts

You can reprogram it with forscan, my 15' is strictly in the dash
Old 05-03-2018, 11:48 PM

Received 1,157 Likes on 557 Posts

Originally Posted by txbbqF150
Mine is the same. About 90% of the time it's through the speakers and 10% through the dash like the older Fords were. I have push button start so not sure about the key in the ignition part making a difference.
My truck is the same. It will happen to me (dash chime only) when I do something like leave my parking lights on with the truck off for a bit of time. Almost like a battery save limp mode or something. Sometimes the speaker chime will kick on after the first chime, sometimes not and it will stay in that dash only limp mode.

Also, how weird is this.... I swear my turn signal flash pattern/timing changes a little whenever my truck seems to be running in this dash chime mode. Then when I get my speaker chime back everything is back to normal. Anybody else get this, or am I crazy
The following 3 users liked this post by DuneRunr:
Bryan96 (08-07-2022), Cheatapipe (11-11-2022), redriot1004 (07-08-2021)
Old 08-27-2020, 09:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DK15Lariat
My truck is the same. It will happen to me (dash chime only) when I do something like leave my parking lights on with the truck off for a bit of time. Almost like a battery save limp mode or something. Sometimes the speaker chime will kick on after the first chime, sometimes not and it will stay in that dash only limp mode.

Also, how weird is this.... I swear my turn signal flash pattern/timing changes a little whenever my truck seems to be running in this dash chime mode. Then when I get my speaker chime back everything is back to normal. Anybody else get this, or am I crazy
My turn signals definitely act funny when the chimes are coming through the dash. Did you ever figure out a fix for this?
Old 08-28-2020, 08:42 AM

Received 96 Likes on 56 Posts

Mine will be coming through the dash til I close my door then it comes through the speakers 1 time before it stops. This is when it's off and they key is in it.
The following users liked this post:
Steve Fuller (11-10-2022)
Old 08-28-2020, 09:24 AM
l27

Received 183 Likes on 109 Posts

I always remote start mine so it always comes through the speakers, even if I'm 5' away. Rarely does it come through the cluster, usually when pumping gas with door open and key in.
Old 08-28-2020, 09:08 PM

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts

It's related to the battery saving function of the truck. This function activates when the battery is in a slightly discharged state. Please note, I'm not saying the battery is completely discharged, it's just in a slightly discharged state. Whenever my truck does this, I put it on the battery maintainer overnight, and the chimes are back to normal for at least a month. I haven't been driving the truck as much lately, and when I do, its usually short trips. These conditions are ideal for a battery to become discharged. Also, if you hook up a battery charger, don't connect it directly to the negative battery terminal. There is a battery current sensor right on the negative terminal. If you charge the battery directly, bypassing the sensor, the truck won't realize it's been charged and will still be in battery save mode for a little bit until it recalibrates. Clamp your negative charge lead to the frame or something similar, and the truck will see it being charged.
The following users liked this post:
tltech (12-02-2022)

Quick Reply: Key Chime Sound In Speakers