Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kansas City Plant Shipping Yard

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 08:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kansas City Plant Shipping Yard

Hey everyone,

I've posted a few times about how this has been the longest process ever!! I'm finally able to see my truck on COTUS. It is in the 'awaiting shipment' stage. BUT it completed production on June 24, 2015...

My dealer tells me there is a shortage of railcars in Kansas to get the trucks shipped out. Anyone else have their truck built in Kansas? Any one run into this problem? Is my truck just sitting in a huge shipping yard with 1000s and 1000s of trucks waiting to board a railcar?

Everyone I talk to thinks I'm insane for waiting this long, and that I should bail on my order... But I really just want my truck!!! Especially before hunting season starts!!!
Old 09-11-2015, 08:25 AM

Received 57 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by BoucheR_
Hey everyone,

I've posted a few times about how this has been the longest process ever!! I'm finally able to see my truck on COTUS. It is in the 'awaiting shipment' stage. BUT it completed production on June 24, 2015...

My dealer tells me there is a shortage of railcars in Kansas to get the trucks shipped out. Anyone else have their truck built in Kansas? Any one run into this problem? Is my truck just sitting in a huge shipping yard with 1000s and 1000s of trucks waiting to board a railcar?

Everyone I talk to thinks I'm insane for waiting this long, and that I should bail on my order... But I really just want my truck!!! Especially before hunting season starts!!!
My truck is coming out of kc and delivery has been bumped twice, in transit but for several weeks and still another week at least until the latest delivery date, my sticker say only convoy though and it 16hrs from where I live north of Toronto
Old 09-11-2015, 08:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default /

My sticker says Convoy aswell, so what exactly does that mean?

I live in Atlantic Canada, so that's quite a long way from Kansas City...
Old 09-11-2015, 09:24 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

XLT 2wd Supercab 2.7 EcoBoost 6.5' bed - Built in Kansas City

Ordered August 3, build date of August 19, and have been told it is "in transit" with delivery date (according to dealer) of September 13.

Method of transport is Convoy (this means semi transporter).

Truck is coming to Central Ohio
Old 09-11-2015, 09:38 AM

Received 194 Likes on 118 Posts

Is there anything that determines which plant they built at? You know like all long frames are built in Michigan and shorts in Kansas or is it just random?
Old 09-11-2015, 09:55 AM

Received 57 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by 13.
Is there anything that determines which plant they built at? You know like all long frames are built in Michigan and shorts in Kansas or is it just random?
There will be a method to the madness, but it does appear as random, both plants building screws on 157"
Old 09-11-2015, 10:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My vehicle 2015 Supercrew 2.7 eco was built July 13 and just left the factory on 9/4. I stuck with the order since most of the incentives were extended to the end of September.
Old 09-11-2015, 12:13 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Mine was built in KC Aug 22. In transit since then. It is lost to Cotus.
Old 09-11-2015, 12:26 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm driving past the shipping yard in KC this evening, I'll just get a pic of all the trucks for everyone, haha!
Old 09-11-2015, 12:27 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 13.
I just toured the Dearborn plant a week ago. I asked a lady working there this same question (and 2 others along the way who give the same exact answer) as I knew mine was being built in KC. She give me an explanation that all Fleet trucks, Regular cabs, and trucks being built for Western half of US dealers/customer orders were built in KC. She said to me "you must have ordered a regular cab or live out West."

This is obviously not totally correct as I am in Central Ohio and ordered a XLT Supercab. I pointed this out to her and she had nothing else to add. Not certain anybody but upper management and/or the computer systems know for sure.
The following users liked this post:
13. (09-11-2015)

Quick Reply: Kansas City Plant Shipping Yard