Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just Thought I'd Let You All Know

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 10:22 PM

Received 105 Likes on 61 Posts

Default Just Thought I'd Let You All Know

That I hate you all for having such sweet trucks with all of the mods you have done. I'd like to say I am a financially responsible person but now that I have the equity out of my old truck, you guys are making me reconsider.

Mods I've done/ordered:

Headlight Mod - All stock halogens to Philips Crystalvision (whiter look)
Husky X-Act Contours - Both the front and back (full coverage for back) - Love these by the way.
Lexerd TrueVue CC Screen Protector
Line-X Bedliner - Probably get this sprayed-in next week
OEM Mudflaps
Stubby Antenna

Mods I want:

Nitto Terra Grapplers or BFG AT TA KO2s- Probably going with 265/70/18s or 275/70/18s (level if I go with the 275s)
Clazzio Seat Covers - Leather option with Black/Black/Black
Painted ovals and emblems
Trailer Tow Mirrors - requires soldering or crimping a new harness but it's worth it to me
Husky rear wheel well guards

And whatever else you guys convince me of doing. Anyone have any mods that they have done and cannot live without?

Last edited by FlatBlack XD; 09-25-2015 at 12:11 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by FlatBlack XD:
Joseph Hoolihan (09-26-2015), W Coyne (04-12-2016), youngduece77 (09-30-2015)
Old 09-24-2015, 10:27 PM

Received 107 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by FlatBlack XD
That I hate you all for having such sweet trucks with all of the mods you have done. I'd like to say I am a financially responsible person but now that I have the equity out of my old truck, you guys are making me reconsider.

Mods I've done/ordered:

Husky X-Act Contours - Both the front and back (full coverage for back) - Love these by the way.
OEM Mudflaps

Mods I want:

Nitto Terra Grapplers or BFG AT TA KO2s- Probably going with 265/70/18s or 275/70/18s (level if I go with the 275s)
Trailer Tow Mirrors - requires soldering or crimping a new harness but it's worth it to me

And whatever else you guys convince me of doing. Anyone have any mods that they have done and cannot live without?
Recommended mod: Stubby antenna or antenna delete!
Old 09-25-2015, 12:11 AM

Received 105 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by av8torken
Recommended mod: Stubby antenna or antenna delete!
I forgot to include that because I did it the first day and didn't even consider it a mod =P. I pulled the Stubby from my 2010!
Old 04-11-2016, 09:14 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

There are a few threads on here about buying the 2 parts that are the tailgate dampener kit. Costs around $40-45 with shipping depending where you live. It is a sweet mod especially for the price, and takes about 15 minutes to install.
Old 04-12-2016, 08:53 AM

Received 215 Likes on 165 Posts

I 2nd the tailgate dampener kit. You could also remove the front air dam (looks better) and install an RCI skid plate kit.
Old 04-12-2016, 08:58 AM

Received 162 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by jleason03
There are a few threads on here about buying the 2 parts that are the tailgate dampener kit. Costs around $40-45 with shipping depending where you live. It is a sweet mod especially for the price, and takes about 15 minutes to install.

What does the tailgate dampener kit do? I've never heard of this.
Old 04-12-2016, 01:32 PM

Received 140 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Spamfritter
What does the tailgate dampener kit do? I've never heard of this.
When you open the tailgate, without the kit, and let go, the tailgate will quickly drop and come to an abrupt stop. With the kit, the tailgate slowly saunters down and quietly stops at a level even with the bed.
Old 04-13-2016, 01:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FlatBlack XD

Mods I've done/ordered:

OEM Mudflaps
Stubby Antenna

Mods I want:

Yeah you should have no prob fitting 275s without level. Although 275s do cost a little more than 285s in case you thinking of doing level anyway. I got a 2.5 in. level and 285 Terra Grappler G2s and am loving life!!

Quick Reply: Just Thought I'd Let You All Know