Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just a RANT about my 18 f150

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 10:50 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Angry Just a RANT about my 18 f150

So after 3 days of rain here in the south i noticed my back glass leaking water. Of course made me furious seeing as its a 60k dollar truck that has less than 4k miles. Anyways contact my local dealer. Tell them whats going on and ask could i swing by to show them since it was raining today. Well they said no i would need an offical appointment. So after going back and forth with her on re inacting the leak on my appoinment date they state they will take my truck to a carwash.

For one, i dont autowash my paint. I suggest to her it be washed by hand and sprayed with a garden hose. She ask how will they see the leak without pressure from an auto wash.? ugh

Anyways still pissed that they arent offering a loaner if they do find a leak. Insane to say the least. Id understand if you were out of warranty. But a new truck with less than 4k miles???? Thank the lord its aluminum.
Old 03-12-2018, 10:59 PM
Gone Golfin

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,391 Posts

I would have just drove it down to the dealer. Drive into the service dept. and drag out a service writer.
Old 03-12-2018, 11:00 PM
El Borracho

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Is this dealership your only option? I would try another dealer with better customer service.
Old 03-12-2018, 11:08 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

yea i could try another dealer. As far as going to the dealer today and dragging out an employee and letting them take pictures and document. I suggested that to the rep and she said it wouldn't be official and id have to come back on my appointment anyway. i Just cannot get over the no loaner car deal if they keep the truck. Smh
Old 03-12-2018, 11:13 PM

Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Good luck and I feel your pain! Just this evening the voice command in my wife's 16 Edge stopped working. Third time in the shop over the last three weeks. She loves the car and is willing to accept some glitches but she has had enough of Ford service and the way this dealer treats customers. She told the service adviser to just fix the car good enough to serve as a trade in at the Acura dealership. I have a strong feeling the Edge will be gone this Saturday and a new MDX will be parked in its place.
Old 03-12-2018, 11:24 PM
Gone Golfin

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,391 Posts

Originally Posted by sickfiddy
yea i could try another dealer. As far as going to the dealer today and dragging out an employee and letting them take pictures and document. I suggested that to the rep and she said it wouldn't be official and id have to come back on my appointment anyway. i Just cannot get over the no loaner car deal if they keep the truck. Smh
LMFAO

I for sure would have just shown up.
Old 03-12-2018, 11:31 PM

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Find a different dealer. I may be a little spoiled by my small town dealer where I bought mine. They are not biggest or the busiest but when I took my 17 in for a strange noise coming from behind the dash I called them and they told me to bring it right in and they gave me a 2018 XLT Screw as a loaner which I ended up having for three weeks. They had a full tank of gas in it and told me not to worry about it having a full tank when I was done with it. When I went to pick my truck up today they washed it by hand and even cleaned up the interior.
I could have saved a few bucks by going to a big city dealer but in the long run I would rather spend a little more up front knowing I will be taken care of by my dealership in the long run.
The following users liked this post:
Griffbones (03-13-2018)
Old 03-12-2018, 11:38 PM

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Could be worse......with 158 miles on my 'first' 2018, it broke down and left me stranded. Fortunately my dealer was good. Took it back, ripped up the contract, and gave me back my trade. Picked up my 'second' 2018 a week later lol
Old 03-13-2018, 01:09 AM
2023 402a Tremor

Received 134 Likes on 93 Posts

Man that sucks - my only rant would be positive. I get my truck washed 2-3 times per week - driving thru a self service machine that has all the spinning equipment. I have the twin panel roof too. No leaks yet
Old 03-13-2018, 06:12 AM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

Loaners are not provided under warranty. Dealers sometimes provide loaners, and Ford sometimes makes exceptions, but not normally. Always been that way, and not unique to Ford.

Quick Reply: Just a RANT about my 18 f150