Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Issue with dealer, what would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 10:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Issue with dealer, what would you do?

My '16 XLT I bought a month ago has the old XM radio antenna that cuts out (that there's an SSM for). Last week I called the dealer on Saturday, they told me they had 3 antennas in stock after I explained them the situation and gave them the SSM number.

I told them I could have it there Monday at 8am and they said it would take 2 hours. Fast forward to 10:30 on Monday and after sitting there for 2.5 hours they told me they indeed didn't have the antenna on hand. So I sat there for 2.5 hours for nothing... I complained to the manager and he told me no one had it and the best they could do is emergency order it over night. After voicing my displeasure with the manager I told them to please go ahead.

I left and called my wife about dropping the truck off tomorrow. She said she had a free window from 11-1:30. I called them back to see if they would have the part in the morning in time. The parts guy assigned to me this entire ordeal told me he would check with the tech and call me back in an hour. No call back since Monday... what would you do?
Old 12-24-2016, 10:57 PM

Received 646 Likes on 498 Posts

Call your salesman. Have them follow up for you.
Old 12-24-2016, 11:06 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I would start with Yelp and then their Facebook page.
The following users liked this post:
digitaltrucker (12-27-2016)
Old 12-24-2016, 11:14 PM

Received 264 Likes on 214 Posts

Also, wait for their survey to come to your email, fill it out and mention the service that you have received. I did that for an issue where the service department had me sitting around like that for 2.5 hours and then told me they didn't have the parts on hand. I got a call right away after filling out their survey, bet it dropped their rating a little because they sure were bending over backwards to correct the situation after that. Great service ever since as well. They remember me and know that I will voice my displeasure.
Good luck
Tom
Old 12-25-2016, 06:32 AM

Received 239 Likes on 141 Posts

If one is available, go to another dealer.
Old 12-25-2016, 11:02 AM

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by NickinCO
My '16 XLT I bought a month ago has the old XM radio antenna that cuts out (that there's an SSM for). Last week I called the dealer on Saturday, they told me they had 3 antennas in stock after I explained them the situation and gave them the SSM number.

I told them I could have it there Monday at 8am and they said it would take 2 hours. Fast forward to 10:30 on Monday and after sitting there for 2.5 hours they told me they indeed didn't have the antenna on hand. So I sat there for 2.5 hours for nothing... I complained to the manager and he told me no one had it and the best they could do is emergency order it over night. After voicing my displeasure with the manager I told them to please go ahead.

I left and called my wife about dropping the truck off tomorrow. She said she had a free window from 11-1:30. I called them back to see if they would have the part in the morning in time. The parts guy assigned to me this entire ordeal told me he would check with the tech and call me back in an hour. No call back since Monday... what would you do?

I understand your frustration, there's nothing worse than poor communication.
Can you please post the number and details of the SSM for this antenna problem ?
Thanks
Old 12-25-2016, 11:19 AM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

Email the GM if you can find his info. Explain what happened.

You should have not called the Parts guy at all, nor be dealing with him. You have a TSB. You should have called the Service Manager, had him look up the TSB, and make sure that he had the parts necessary to perform the TSB on your vehicle. Onus would have been on him, not on your interaction with Parts.
Old 12-25-2016, 11:41 AM

Contact your Ford Regional rep also. Squeaky wheel and all that...
Old 12-25-2016, 11:56 AM
Size Matters

Received 3,360 Likes on 1,698 Posts

Originally Posted by TeamTee
Can you please post the number and details of the SSM for this antenna problem ?
Thanks
https://www.f150forum.com/f118/2016-...6016-a-355382/
The following users liked this post:
TeamTee (12-25-2016)
Old 12-25-2016, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Ricktwuhk
Email the GM if you can find his info. Explain what happened.

You should have not called the Parts guy at all, nor be dealing with him. You have a TSB. You should have called the Service Manager, had him look up the TSB, and make sure that he had the parts necessary to perform the TSB on your vehicle. Onus would have been on him, not on your interaction with Parts.
Too much beer last night. Guy assigned was the assistant manager of service, but apparently they're all assistant managers.