Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iPhone and pistol mounts/ storage locations

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 02:56 PM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Default iPhone and pistol mounts/ storage locations

I would like to see what you all are doing for iPhone storage. I've got a 7plus with Lifeproof case. My old IPhone 5 would slide in next tot he gear shift, but now it just seems to get in the way.

Have any of you used a mount of some type? If so, please post pics and the manufacturer of the mount.

Also, where are you storing your pistol? As much as I love my truck, there's really not a great spot from the factory that is concealed enough but allows easy access. Please post those pics as well.

Thanks,

Callmespaceman

Popular Reply

08-04-2017, 10:27 AM
LoneWolfTrucker
Ford Truck Lover

Received 748 Likes on 457 Posts

Originally Posted by klen
I hope I'm never too scared to go out for a drive without a gun.
I hope I never feel it necessary to go into a thread I obviously disagree with just to be disagreeable.
Old 08-03-2017, 03:42 PM

Received 215 Likes on 165 Posts

Found this idea on the net. I can see the need if you carry one as well as keep one in your truck, but personally I just keep it on me at all times... it's easy enough to draw and fire while seated. I've always been cautious about storing firearms in my vehicles. Unless you're a LEO and it's meant as an easily accessed long gun or full size duty weapon.

I've found what I feel is a good place for a phone mount. I'll take a picture when I get a chance and post it.

Old 08-03-2017, 03:57 PM
Old Fart

Received 297 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy2015
Found this idea on the net. I can see the need if you carry one as well as keep one in your truck, but personally I just keep it on me at all times... it's easy enough to draw and fire while seated. I've always been cautious about storing firearms in my vehicles. Unless you're a LEO and it's meant as an easily accessed long gun or full size duty weapon.

I've found what I feel is a good place for a phone mount. I'll take a picture when I get a chance and post it.

If one keeps the handgun and mags stored like that, where does one keep the Budweiser can?
Old 08-03-2017, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Indy2015

It's not comfortable for me to have my gun on me while driving (big guy). I also have a Remington TAC-14 with 5 rounds of 00 buck in the event I need it.
Old 08-03-2017, 05:17 PM

Received 364 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by remltr
If one keeps the handgun and mags stored like that, where does one keep the Budweiser can?
In your non-steering hand of course!
Old 08-03-2017, 05:18 PM

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

This is what I use.

http://www.proclipusa.com/vehicle/da...ord-f-150/2016

Works well. While the link above just shows the mount, you still have to purchase a cradle for your phone type. I use one that has a charging cable and it is connected to the Sync 3 and use it for Car Play connectivity.
Old 08-03-2017, 05:21 PM

Y'all had any issues with Sync 3 working with iOS 10? I got the 7 plus last week and have already had to do the master reset on my Sync 3 system because the Bluetooth phone audio quit working.
Old 08-03-2017, 05:33 PM

Received 716 Likes on 425 Posts

Here is what I use for my phone, in another thread: https://www.f150forum.com/f2/what-yo...holder-390370/

I've been thinking of using the Ford holster built into the floor console, but want something to cover it so folks don't notice the grips.

Lastly, I've had no issues with Sync 3 and my iPhone running 10.3.3

Last edited by Kingofwylietx; 08-03-2017 at 05:40 PM.
Old 08-03-2017, 05:35 PM

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by callmespaceman
Y'all had any issues with Sync 3 working with iOS 10? I got the 7 plus last week and have already had to do the master reset on my Sync 3 system because the Bluetooth phone audio quit working.
No issues, other than I can't use Waze.
Old 08-03-2017, 05:44 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I never store guns in my truck. I don't want them getting stolen. My carry weapon is always on my body(I pocket carry a Ruger LC9S).