Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing Husky rear wheel well liners

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2018, 12:56 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Installing Husky rear wheel well liners

Had heard there were some minor fitment issues on these before buying, sure enough ran into some challenges while installing today. Like others, I had some problems getting them into the lower corners...after trying several times to jam the in, using a heat gun to soften, etc (it was mid-60's and overcast in San Diego today so solar heating didn't help much), I decided to grab the Dremel and trim them a bit. Using a 2" fiber cutting wheel, I trimmed the offending areas back to the molded cut line (they were sloppily trimmed from stock, some edges were 3/16" or so from the marked cut line (plus 1/16" more after trying again to fit again). This plus the use of a 1"x1/2"x6" piece of wood and a rubber mallet finally got them in place.

However, also like others, I found a couple of the mounting screw holes were not aligned correctly, and had to drill some 1/4" holes in the correct spots...one on the front corner of the driver's side (drilled from backside) and the forward middle hole for the passenger side (carefully done from the inside of the wheel wheel, pulling the liner away from the bed wall)...this pic was taken from the backside of the driver's side rear bulkhead mounting edge)...you can see how far off the hole was.

Tools needed...a shortie Phillips, drill with 3/16" bit, Dremel with cutting wheel, rubber mallet "persuader", wood strip to puck and pound into place, wood shim (to get under fender lip), long wood scrap to lever the liner up to match the center screw holes, and some patience. Took about an hour and a half, far from the "drop in" suggested by Husky's description. But it sure does improve the looks! Posting to help any future installations.
Old 05-13-2018, 09:01 AM

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Now I'm glad I ordered the factory liners. These seem more difficult then they need to be.
Old 05-13-2018, 09:06 AM

Received 232 Likes on 172 Posts

I had one of the mounting holes not line up as well when I installed mine. It fit so tight I didnt bother drilling a hole to put the screw in. 9k miles later no problem. I like them better then the factory liner because it covers the frame where the factory liners dont.
Old 05-13-2018, 09:24 AM

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Good morning dbarrym. THANK YOU for information on fitment of the product. We were planning and really looking forward on installing set of Husky liners. I checked the Husky ad that pops up, they are very proud of product. Sounds like they need Quality Assurance Inspector at the least. I wonder how many hands see the final product. Your pictures are all telling! I'm not going that direction any longer, not when product fails as promised.

Last edited by 4ever2wheels; 05-13-2018 at 09:37 AM.
Old 05-13-2018, 09:33 AM

Received 166 Likes on 87 Posts

I didn't have any problems with the Husky's lining up or any trimming needed....they actually fit pretty good and I too like them better then the OEMs because of the full coverage BUT it did take some effort getting them in though...
Old 05-13-2018, 09:33 AM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

A couple weeks ago I installed a set of Husky rear wheel liners on my '18 and aside from a bit of wrestling with the lower corners (no trimming was necessary), they popped right into place and the mounting holes lined up perfectly. They are a tight fit but there is no chance of them rattling around. I am VERY happy with them.
Old 05-13-2018, 09:57 AM

Received 1,317 Likes on 1,232 Posts

I had purchased the Husky liners a few months ago and after installation they wouldn't stay tucked behind the wheel well lip. The edges were really uneven and in a couple of places too short. I finally took them off and threw them in the garbage and ordered and installed Ford OEM liners. The Ford liners were easy to install and very pleased with the look and fit.
The following users liked this post:
4ever2wheels (05-20-2018)
Old 05-13-2018, 10:04 AM

Received 178 Likes on 112 Posts

I went with the OEM liners. The Fed Ex guy dropped them off and I'll bet I had them on before he left my development. They fit that good, and no need to remove the tires.
The following users liked this post:
4ever2wheels (05-20-2018)
Old 05-13-2018, 10:24 AM

Received 617 Likes on 287 Posts

Huskies here. Absolutely no problems, perfect fit, all holes aligned. Liked the OEM’s but went Husky for the increased coverage and better price.
Old 05-13-2018, 10:53 AM

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

I put a set in mine yesterday. Those corners were tough, but with a little wrestling and a few words they went in. No trimming, or new holes.

Quick Reply: Installing Husky rear wheel well liners