Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm that guy Ford wants - 2016 F150-Limited

Old 09-16-2015, 09:31 AM

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

Thumbs up I'm that guy Ford wants - 2016 F150-Limited

Long time lurker here, I have been looking at all the great threads on lots of different car/truck forums (where else can you see whats right and wrong witha a vehicle? )and wanted to explain a perspective I think may be missing (or lacking) amongst the hard core truck enthusiasts.

I've been in the market for a new vehicle for about a year. I've been struggling to pick between a GMC Yukon Denali, Range Rover, BMW X5, MB GL series. Obviously, there is a brand missing from there....FORD. Until now.

With the 2016 Limited, I am finally taking a look at (and liking) the ford offering. By FAR, I am not a "truck guy". However, I am a weekend warrior by nature and make frequent trips (with my Range Rover Sport) to lumber yards, trash dump with extra cardboard, bags of trash and building supply excess. Family vacations are a hassle in that vehicle since the room is so limited (and it make me have to tow a trailer to hold everything). I do travel long distances in my vehicle for work so comfort and technology is a MUST.

I've seen lots of people (in responses to the reviews of the 2016 Limited) say "no way would I pay that much for a Ford" and "I would just buy an XLT and spend the rest on a new mustang". To that I say "no-way" and Thank you to ford. I've been looking for a truck that looks good, can carry alot, gets decent gas mileage, and has (most importantly) ALL the newest tech.

As of right now, the 2016 F150 Limited is at the top of my list. I know that Ford sometimes makes its presence known here so, I just wanted to say -- We are out there and if the product is high quality and has everything we need, its a fit.

Photoshopped pic of limited

P.S. Im jealous of those that can get a pre-order on a 2016...none of my dealers will even talk about it until October (guess they have a huge inventory they need to get rid of). Any dealers around Western Massachusetts feel free to PM me.
The following 3 users liked this post by sevrith:
COBRAJOE (09-17-2015), LorenzoValla (01-13-2016), Neurobit (09-23-2015)

Popular Reply

09-16-2015, 11:17 AM
Platinum_Dawg
Grand Master...of nothing

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Hobbs62
If Ford is taking notes from this thread then take some notes:

Take those stupid letters off the hood. That looks like every little kids truck that just got a new sticker and he wants to stick it on something so bad it doesn't matter where, why, or what it looks like. Hey, we got some letters here where can we put these.

Tailgate same problem. Looks like a big belt buckle, or tramp stamp.

8 years of R&D on a rear backup assist ****. Congrats, while others breaks don't work, cruise assist slamming on the breaks, and you can't finish painting a complete truck we have solved cancer with a trailer backup technology that doesn't require thinking.

Logos in the seat option....nothing like laying your body on an emblem.

Congrats Ford, you've targeted the BMW, MB, Range Rover market. Next year make an all girl ford. Pink, purple, taller seats, lower dash, softer carpet, maybe an accessory console bag they can remove and take with them.

I always wanted to design cars since a child. Today's car design seems to be centered around greed and profits. Quantity over quality. Let's add a few more priceless options and call this same F150, limited and put a higher price tag to reflect the shiny letters on the hood. Didn't agree when GM did it with their trucks and I don't agree now. Build your base model truck right, before you concern yourself with "luxury" trucks.

But hey Americans welcome debt.

Tomorrow 10 year financing option will be available to purchase my sons first truck. Thanks.

Sounds like someone is a little envious maybe? Worrying about how others spend their money like it's his business! Some folks like nicer and are willing to pay for it. How dare someone buy a Ferrari when a Mustang goes plenty fast enough, scoffs Hobbs62!
Old 09-16-2015, 09:43 AM

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

You're not alone, those look awesome.......! I want one to, I just don't want to pay for it!
The following 2 users liked this post by katoom:
COBRAJOE (09-17-2015), Toddman38 (09-21-2015)
Old 09-16-2015, 10:09 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Take those stupid letters off the hood. That looks like every little kids truck that just got a new sticker and he wants to stick it on something so bad it doesn't matter where, why, or what it looks like. Hey, we got some letters here where can we put these.

8 years of R&D on a rear backup assist ****. Congrats, while others breaks don't work, cruise assist slamming on the breaks, and you can't finish painting a complete truck we have solved cancer with a trailer backup technology that doesn't require thinking.

Congrats Ford, you've targeted the BMW, MB, Range Rover market. Next year make an all girl ford. Pink, purple, taller seats, lower dash, softer carpet, maybe an accessory console bag they can remove and take with them.

I always wanted to design cars since a child. Today's car design seems to be centered around greed and profits. Quantity over quality. Let's add a few more priceless options and call this same F150, limited and put a higher price tag to reflect the shiny letters on the hood. Didn't agree when GM did it with their trucks and I don't agree now. Build your base model truck right, before you concern yourself with "luxury" trucks.

Tomorrow 10 year financing option will be available to purchase my sons first truck. Thanks.

Last edited by Hobbs62; 09-16-2015 at 10:43 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Hobbs62:
007TRUCK (09-17-2015), Bones82 (09-20-2015), BoozeDaily (09-16-2015)
Old 09-16-2015, 10:26 AM

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Bashing on ford for attracting buyers, why? You rather a good company lose business to foreign companies.
The following users liked this post:
tooloud10 (09-16-2015)
Old 09-16-2015, 11:17 AM
Grand Master...of nothing

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts

Sounds like someone is a little envious maybe? Worrying about how others spend their money like it's his business! Some folks like nicer and are willing to pay for it. How dare someone buy a Ferrari when a Mustang goes plenty fast enough, scoffs Hobbs62!
The following 14 users liked this post by Platinum_Dawg:
BC119 (07-28-2016), berty (03-06-2016), Blackie15 (03-06-2016), COBRAJOE (09-17-2015), crewmaster1 (01-13-2016), DaveInMn (09-16-2015), LorenzoValla (01-13-2016), mrash (11-09-2015), Neurobit (09-23-2015), QuickM3 (09-23-2015), Smokey1 (11-09-2015), smythrocks (09-21-2015), Supercrewbear (09-16-2015), tooloud10 (09-16-2015) and 9 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-16-2015, 11:19 AM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Hobbs has some good points, though a bit too far on the right compared to me.
However it does not matter if anyone disagrees with him.
Their validity is as inescapable as it is unsustainable.
It will eventually resolve itself, along with the many other examples like it in the global economy of advanced consumerism.

Someone once posed the question, is there really 2 or even 3 XL's worth of truck in a single high end? Of course not. It's just the same truck with extra novelties. The question becomes, how many do each of us want?

I've heard many times for many products that are outrageously priced... if someone is willing to pay it, then that is what it's worth. I've always considered that a fallacy the same way I dont feel that super-rare automatically equals super-expensive. Human beings can do whatever they want, buy whatever they want, for whatever temporary reasons they have at the time, which momentarily throws all the rules to the winds.

I bought the Fallout 4 PipBoy Edition for $120 (collectors edition video game). It sold out almost immediately and then went up on eBay for $800. Is it worth that much because people are paying it? Nah. Maybe because it was a limited run of a popular game? I'm sure. The media hype and craze around that time were quite heightened. In the months that have followed, it has settled down to a reliable $400. That's what it's worth because it's sustainable. Now this is a pre-release purchase. The game doesnt physically become available until Nov 10th. I have no doubt that it will shoot back up to $800 or maybe even $1000 at that time (since people will be opening them/using them, making cherry editions that much more rare). But eventually, it'll settle back down onto some new sustainable price point. It will definitely be interesting to observe.
GotNotch (09-16-2015)
Old 09-16-2015, 11:39 AM

Received 256 Likes on 146 Posts

Congrats Ford, you've targeted the BMW, MB, Range Rover market.
This seems like the only relevant part of your post.

All that crap is on there because that's what the target market is after. Same reason they had those Lincoln Mark LT trucks - because people wanted a truck, but they didn't want to be seen driving one of those plebeian F-150s.

This truck is targeted towards people who want to spend money for luxury (and be seen doing it) and they will sell them like hotcakes (to people like OP - no offense intended).
COBRAJOE (09-17-2015)
Old 09-16-2015, 11:51 AM
F250>F150

Received 917 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by Platinum_Dawg
I saw nothing "envious" in his post. What I saw is a consumer fed up with a company selling out on 'quality for everyone' to lure a different, niche crowd with what equates to parlor tricks.

All those gizmos are good for nothing if the failing basic components render the vehicle immobile. All you're looking at with the 360 camera is the dealership parking lot if the brakes go out or transfer case fails.

I think what he's saying is this: Back to basics. When you can build a vehicle that functions/looks near perfect to the basic core of what a vehicle should be; then you start adding the eccentric gadgets and niche market fillers.

As for the fine gentleman breaking down economics with a video game to vehicle comparison - Soon you'll have your cake and eat it too when eBay starts selling limited run vehicles with limited run video game consoles playing limited run games! How fun! Besides, what else to do while your vehicle is broke and you can't drive it? LAN PARTY!
Old 09-16-2015, 11:58 AM

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts

For 60K I'll keep my 13 and buy a Mustang with a far nicer interior than any F150.
Old 09-16-2015, 12:08 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

"Far nicer Interior" that my friend is one of those matter of opinions. Don't be a hater. You love your Mustang and I will keep loving my truck. Don't worry about other peoples money and they wont worry about yours!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I'm that guy Ford wants - 2016 F150-Limited