Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

if you think you have heard it all.. read this. screw ford!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 04:18 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default if you think you have heard it all.. read this. screw ford!

so.. 2015 Plati..mostly everything is OK with host of minor but extremely annoying issues

1. sunroof leaks a bit and rattles
2. driver door alignment is off.. it rattles
3. tailgate alignment is off, my cover does not fit well
4. door trim piece fell off (sure i can crazy glue it back myself)

this is grocery runner and dirtbike hauler with 9k mikes in 8 month..not an abused workhorse

local ford dealerships (Paramus Ford) refused to provide loaner to fix this.. $63k truck..they suggested I ask Ford to reimburse for loaner. Opened case with Ford.. Ford authorized loaner but dealership now refuses to take truck in for repair. Ford representative (Angela) now tells me that she is not able to find me any local Ford dealer with bodyshop that will take my truck in for repair. (I call BS on that because she refused to provide me with the list of dealers she called)

so I am ****ing stuck with $63k truck that dealers refuse to fix. un ****ing believable.

ford case # CAS-937-3431-7849H5

I can't even file Lemon case because truck is not actually in the shop!!

this is what I get for deciding to try Ford after 15 years of BMW... 2 cars in the family and we swap them every 2-3 years. guess what Ford.. I will take my money elsewhere.

any suggestions? any dealers you can recommend in North NJ that are reasoble people? I assume ford reimburses dealers for warranty work..,I am not asking for favors here..

one gotcha is that I did buy my truck in Maryland.. but I live in NJ now. it does not make sense for me to take truck back to Maryland for minor work!
The following users liked this post:
digitaltrucker (05-18-2016)
Old 05-17-2016, 04:23 PM

Received 162 Likes on 132 Posts

That's one thing that many manufacturers don't understand. The dealership experience makes or breaks the brand's reputation in the mind of the customer. I know one good Ford dealership and four that absolutely suck ***. The one good one isn't close, but it's worth the 45 minute drive not to deal with the slack jawed retards at the other four locations.
The following 2 users liked this post by Spamfritter:
Droog (05-18-2016), RedRaider16 (05-17-2016)
Old 05-17-2016, 04:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spamfritter
That's one thing that many manufacturers don't understand. The dealership experience makes or breaks the brand's reputation in the mind of the customer. I know one good Ford dealership and four that absolutely suck ***. The one good one isn't close, but it's worth the 45 minute drive not to deal with the slack jawed retards at the other four locations.
I agree 100 percent. I actually ordered my truck from a non-local dealership because of my hometown dealership's poor reputation. Hopefully I won't have too many issues with the '16, but if I do, I know that I am in good hands.
Old 05-17-2016, 05:01 PM
Gearhead

Received 754 Likes on 434 Posts

To the OP, as stated above, your issue is with the dealership that you somehow alienated, not Ford. I'm figuring you are dealing with the dealer you bought it from. If that's the case, you need to contact the dealer principal and/or General Manager and explain your concerns. If it isn't the dealer you bought it from, go there.

Or, if you're so upset, swap out the truck for another brand.
The following users liked this post:
WestsydeGuy (05-18-2016)
Old 05-17-2016, 05:09 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

to clarify... I have not alienated any dealerships. dealer that i went to for first service told me that they simply dont work on body issues. They say "we do not have body shop on perm, find someone else" and Ford customer service rep tells me flat out.. "I can not find any dealership that will take your truck in for warranty repair".

dealer that i bought truck from is 200 mile away. that's not an option.

swap out truck and lose first year depreciation $$$ ? great idea!!!!
Old 05-17-2016, 06:09 PM

Received 104 Likes on 66 Posts

This thread is confusing. You're dealer doesn't have a body shop, so you're upset that they won't do body shop related work? Why would you want them to take you're truck in if they don't have the necessary tools/training to correct the problem.

And Angela @ Ford can't find a dealer with a body shop? Huh? There are thousands of them. Or is it there isn't a dealer with a body shop that you're willing to drive to?
Old 05-17-2016, 06:31 PM

Received 113 Likes on 91 Posts

I feel your pain, but I don't think the manufacturer's warranty covers rentals. They CAN offer you a rental but from what I understand it's not required. That's why they offer extended warranties that not only extend the time and mileage of your warranty but also the coverage, including rental vehicles. I don't have an extended warranty so I wouldn't expect a rental, and would plan accordingly. I do have plans to purchase an extended warranty though.
Old 05-17-2016, 06:33 PM

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Any ford dealer has to correct! You're saying you took it to a dealer and they said "nah, we can't and won't fix these issues"??
Old 05-17-2016, 06:35 PM

Received 60 Likes on 47 Posts

Our local Ford dealer sends all body work to the GM dealer next door.
Old 05-17-2016, 06:42 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Look here and call some places. http://www.ford.com/dealerships/loca...der-finddealer

I know its probably not as nice as Ford CS doing it for you, but you might find a good dealer along the way.

Quick Reply: if you think you have heard it all.. read this. screw ford!