Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IEM Brake Control

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 10:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IEM Brake Control

I recently had our dealer install a brake control, prior to us picking up a new camper.
towing camper back home (150 miles ) no extra effort was required to stop, everything was very smooth. Now my question: no matter what setting the gain is on, there doesn't seem to be any difference in braking. Nothing jerky, no hard quick lockup of the trailer brakes. Is this because of the proportional braking that is built in? My factory tow package also has the sway control, and even in the the crosswinds or semi's passing me, there was no tail wagging. just wondering since I have always had After market brake controllers where the gain would lockup the trailer brakes if set to high.
Old 04-07-2019, 09:05 AM

Received 222 Likes on 151 Posts

Yup. You hit the nail on the head. When you have a proportional controller, setting the gain is for maximum voltage at full-threshold braking. The controller has a micro-accelerometer built in that measures your braking force and sends a voltage signal to the trailer brakes based on the g-forces.

Quick Reply: IEM Brake Control