Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hypertech Max Energy 2.0 Tuner? Anyone?

Old 11-19-2018, 11:42 AM

Received 320 Likes on 240 Posts

Default Hypertech Max Energy 2.0 Tuner? Anyone?

Possibly going to buy a tuner for the Holidays coming up and have been shopping around and researching quite a bit. I know all about 5-Star, Livernoise, MPT Tunes, etc. from other users but it seems they are quite pricey. More than likely, I'll buy a used SCT tuner and ride around on the canned tunes for a while and get custom tunes at some point. But, another tuner I've ran across that has some pretty impressive numbers is the Hypertech Max Energy tuner. No one seems to mention them on this site so I am curious to see if anyone out there runs one and how do they like it? Specifically for the Ecoboost's engines. At only $300, I'm wondering how good of a deal is it really. Their dyno runs were done on an identical truck to mine which also intrigues me.

This is everything the Hypertech Max Energy tuner does/claims:
  • Performance Tuning
  • 93 Octane: +79HP / +83TQ
  • 91 Octane: +66HP / +78TQ
  • 89 Octane: +66HP / +68TQ
  • 87 Octane: +59HP / +67TQ
  • Transmission Tuning
  • 1-2 Shift Point -500 to +500 RPM
  • 2-3 Shift Point -500 to +500 RPM
  • 3-4 Shift Point -500 to +500 RPM
  • 4-5 Shift Point -500 to +500 RPM
  • 5-6 Shift Point -500 to +500 RPM
  • Shift Firmness: Selectable Stock, Tow, Street, Sport, or Performance
  • Shift Response: Selectable Hyper-Mileage, Mileage, Stock, Tow, Street, Sport, Performance, or Track
  • Speedometer\Odometer Correction
  • Speedometer\Odometer Correction For Tire Sizes 24-54 inches 1/4 inch increments
  • Top Speed Adjustment
  • Top Speed Limiter 25 - 75 MPH in 5 MPH increments, 81 to 255 MPH to match speed rated tires
  • Rev Limiter Adjustment
  • Rev Limit -500 to +500 RPM Above or Below Stock Value
  • Torque Management
  • Throttle Response - Normal Driving Mode: Stock, Tow, Street, Sport, Performance
  • Throttle Response - Sport Driving Mode (If vehicle equipped): Stock, Tow, Street, Sport, Performance
  • Cooling Fan Adjustments
  • Cooling Fans Stock, 180 degrees F, 195 degrees F
  • Tire Pressure Monitoring System
  • TPMS Threshold Adjustment: Disabled or Enabled 20 to 115 PSI
  • Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs)
  • DTCs Read and Clear
  • Internet Updateable
  • Internet Updateable
Old 11-19-2018, 11:45 AM

Received 612 Likes on 439 Posts

These devices are made for the masses. many many people will be happy with a device like this, but then there are many others that would be annoyed at how it may do specific things and want it to be able to be fixed, and hypertech ain't remotely going to fix it unless it drastically affects the truck in some way and it does it to all trucks it's on.

Don't get me wrong they'll support it, and probably produce updates, but it'll be updates like you'd get on a piece of equipment, not like tune companies do where you contact them and then you get an updated calibration.

if everything you read there is fine and you've taken into consideration what i said here, i'd say you'd be good to go. Knowing what the ecoboost is truly capable of gaining horsepower wise on 93, this looks like a very safe tune they've put out.
Old 11-19-2018, 11:53 AM

Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

There are so many good choices other than this.

Five Star, Livernois, etc.
Old 11-19-2018, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by wchain
There are so many good choices other than this.

Five Star, Livernois, etc.
I understand but I'm just trying to keep the price down.
Old 11-19-2018, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by w00t692
These devices are made for the masses. many many people will be happy with a device like this, but then there are many others that would be annoyed at how it may do specific things and want it to be able to be fixed, and hypertech ain't remotely going to fix it unless it drastically affects the truck in some way and it does it to all trucks it's on.

Don't get me wrong they'll support it, and probably produce updates, but it'll be updates like you'd get on a piece of equipment, not like tune companies do where you contact them and then you get an updated calibration.

if everything you read there is fine and you've taken into consideration what i said here, i'd say you'd be good to go. Knowing what the ecoboost is truly capable of gaining horsepower wise on 93, this looks like a very safe tune they've put out.
You bring up a good point. Another thing I guess I should of pointed out is I am not going to do any other performance mods other than a tune. If I was, then a custom tune and the ability to adjust to aftermarket parts would be a no brainer but I'm just not going to go down that road. I'm just looking for a good, out of the box, daily driver with light to moderate towing tune. Nothing crazy like SSI does.
Old 11-19-2018, 05:17 PM

Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by bcb97
I understand but I'm just trying to keep the price down.
Take the 300 you have now, no top golf or starbucks and eat ramen till you have the rest and spend money on a good one. Youll have it in no time.
Old 11-20-2018, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by wchain
Take the 300 you have now, no top golf or starbucks and eat ramen till you have the rest and spend money on a good one. Youll have it in no time.
Really, I could buy what I want now but honestly it's the wife holding me back. Starts hollering about kids Christmas gifts, etc. etc. etc........I'm just trying to keep the cost down to make her happy is all. Lol. Since MPT tunes are what I really want, I'm just going to look for a good deal on a used SCT X4, buy it, and buy the custom tunes later. Also, waiting to see what their Black Friday sale is too and possibly might buy it new if the deal is good enough.
Old 11-20-2018, 11:57 PM
KTM Hauler

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I would like to find out who is using hypertech also . I might ditch my MPT tune they will not support me because i live in Kalifornia
They sold it to me butt won't support me
Old 11-21-2018, 12:49 AM

Received 2,584 Likes on 1,503 Posts

I know that, when I'm looking for someone to replace critical computer code in a motor that costs ~$13K and a transmission that costs ~$10K to replace, I always choose the cheapest company out there...

Sometimes things cost more for a reason.
Old 11-21-2018, 03:51 AM

Received 61 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by tvsjr
I know that, when I'm looking for someone to replace critical computer code in a motor that costs ~$13K and a transmission that costs ~$10K to replace, I always choose the cheapest company out there...

Sometimes things cost more for a reason.
well said

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hypertech Max Energy 2.0 Tuner? Anyone?