Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How are you liking your Duratracs?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 01:09 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default How are you liking your Duratracs?

Recently picked up a 2015 completely stock and am looking into a level and new rims/tires. Have always like the duratrac look and the fact its a cross between AT and MT. But in my previous trucks, I have always went with a different tire because of the bad reviews I have read.

I have also always ran E rated tires on 1/2 ton trucks but would like to get away from that to stay close as possible to my current 24 mpg highway I am getting.

Which has pushed me to the P rated duratracs. I keep my offloading to basic dirt roads (noting serious, don't use 4x4 very often) and mud but tend to be very easy on my truck when offloading.

What are your guys thoughts on the P metric duratracs?
Old 01-25-2017, 01:37 AM

Received 51 Likes on 39 Posts

I've got the e rated ones but I love them. They are not very loud and are good at everything. They are very very good in snow, very good on ice, and better than pretty much any other a/t in mud. They are even severe snow rated. I can't say anything bad about these tires. I only got about 40000 miles from my first set but these things get used hard.
Old 01-25-2017, 05:47 AM

Received 577 Likes on 390 Posts

I liked them so much on my FJ Cruiser I put them on my wife's Jeep Wrangler and now on my truck. I live in the Cleveland area of OH, and as stated above they just go.
Old 01-25-2017, 07:17 AM

Received 143 Likes on 84 Posts

I put 50K on the set of my 2013 F150 before I sold it and on trade in the sales manager remarked it was nice to get a trade in with such good tires.
When I brought my 2015 home the next morning I had an appointment at Tire Rack for a set of Duratrac's. I would not even consider another tire. I live in Northern Indiana in a lake effect region and we get snow. These tires go thru it like nothing. After maybe 30K miles they got a little noisy but nothing even remotely objectionable.
I would buy again.
Old 01-25-2017, 08:35 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a set in 305/55/20 on my truck - love them. Have used them in snow and ice as well as trips up to the mountain. They are comfortable and quiet.

I was worried about the e-rating, but I honestly couldn't feel a big difference in ride comfort from the stock tires (which were terrible).
Old 01-25-2017, 09:00 AM

Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts

I think a big issue some people have with these tires (especially the E rated) is that they run them at the same PSI that the installers put in (whatever's on the door normally).

I got much better ride quality and handling by running them around 28-30 PSI (stock is 35). Especially during break-in period.

I'll likely put more air in once mine break in a bit more, but 30 PSI on the fronts is pretty much exactly when all of the tread started to contact the pavement. Rears were around 28.
Old 01-25-2017, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Quick
I have a set in 305/55/20 on my truck - love them. Have used them in snow and ice as well as trips up to the mountain. They are comfortable and quiet.

I was worried about the e-rating, but I honestly couldn't feel a big difference in ride comfort from the stock tires (which were terrible).
Terrible in was aspect? I currently have the stock wrangler tires as thought they road smoother and handled snow/ice than the BFG AT 2 that I had on my old dodge... may have just been the dodge's breaking that made them appear to function bad? And those AT2 throw rocks like crazy!

Also if you guys can, please state the tire rating when you are posting
Old 01-25-2017, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by bowhunter8
Terrible in was aspect? I currently have the stock wrangler tires as thought they road smoother and handled snow/ice than the BFG AT 2 that I had on my old dodge... may have just been the dodge's breaking that made them appear to function bad? And those AT2 throw rocks like crazy!

Also if you guys can, please state the tire rating when you are posting
My truck came with the Hankook (spelling?) tires. They were absolutely terrible in the snow. Pretty bad in the wet as well. The Duratracs are completely different.

I haven't noticed too many rocks being thrown, at least in the driving conditions that I've experienced.
Old 01-25-2017, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Quick
My truck came with the Hankook (spelling?) tires. They were absolutely terrible in the snow. Pretty bad in the wet as well. The Duratracs are completely different.

I haven't noticed too many rocks being thrown, at least in the driving conditions that I've experienced.
Are your duratrac's p metric rated? How much and what kind of off-roading do you do? How are they holding up?
Old 01-25-2017, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by bowhunter8
Are your duratrac's p metric rated? How much and what kind of off-roading do you do? How are they holding up?
They are e-rated.

I don't off-road often. Mostly just access roads around the mountains to go skiing.

I don't have a ton of miles on them, so difficult to say how they are holding up just yet.