Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to remove painted headlight fillers??? Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 09:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default How to remove painted headlight fillers??? Help

This maybe real stupid but how in the world do you remove the painted headlight fillers???? I know there are 2 screws in the fender well and 1 push clip on the top inside corner, other than that what do I need to do to get this thing off. Any help would be awesome and pictures would be incredible as well.

Thank you in advance!!!
John
Old 08-05-2015, 11:15 AM

Received 104 Likes on 68 Posts

Remove the black pushpin as stated at top.
Remove the 2 screws in fender lip molding as stated.

Start pulling the panel away from the headlight one clip at a time starting at the top. Pull slowly but firmly.
Once you get it loose at top and bottom, hold on to the fender lip molding with one hand and pull the headlight panel out of the fender lip-there are 2 clips in the fender lip molding.

If the clips pull out of the fender lip molding and stay in the headlight panel, you must put them back in the fender lip for the reinstall. There is one yellow and one white clip.

If you don't have fender lip moldings, I have not done one but should be close in removal.

Hope this helps.
The following users liked this post:
jsy1111 (08-05-2015)
Old 08-05-2015, 12:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Boatmanbuzz
Remove the black pushpin as stated at top.
Remove the 2 screws in fender lip molding as stated.

Start pulling the panel away from the headlight one clip at a time starting at the top. Pull slowly but firmly.
Once you get it loose at top and bottom, hold on to the fender lip molding with one hand and pull the headlight panel out of the fender lip-there are 2 clips in the fender lip molding.

If the clips pull out of the fender lip molding and stay in the headlight panel, you must put them back in the fender lip for the reinstall. There is one yellow and one white clip.

If you don't have fender lip moldings, I have not done one but should be close in removal.

Hope this helps.
Thank you this helps out greatly. I went out and took a look at it and there looks like some pushpins underneath holding the rubber molding on. Do these need to be pulled out?
Old 08-05-2015, 01:10 PM

Received 104 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by jsy1111
Thank you this helps out greatly. I went out and took a look at it and there looks like some pushpins underneath holding the rubber molding on. Do these need to be pulled out?
No, I did not pull mine. Rubber molding is attached to panel behind the painted part you are taking off.

Quick Reply: How to remove painted headlight fillers??? Help