Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to....Radio

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2018, 12:44 PM

Received 1,204 Likes on 754 Posts
Default How to....Radio

When I press the "M" button the system seems to randomly cycle through the options. Sat, AM, FM, BT, other Sat stations, etc. Is there a way to tell it what to cycle through like I just want FM and BT as I use nothing else. TIA!
Old 08-24-2018, 01:10 PM

Received 363 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by FordGate
When I press the "M" button the system seems to randomly cycle through the options. Sat, AM, FM, BT, other Sat stations, etc. Is there a way to tell it what to cycle through like I just want FM and BT as I use nothing else. TIA!
That would be helpful. It would be nice if a screen popped up when you pressed the "M" that allowed you to scroll through the options instead of having to go through each one individually.
The following users liked this post:
Alan in bc (08-24-2018)
Old 08-24-2018, 03:58 PM

Received 2,450 Likes on 1,552 Posts

Since we are listing things like this, I'd like to be able to choose any particular setting and turn it into a favorite that can be added as a button in the main layout somewhere. I would like to be able to turn off the screen without having to go digging in the sub menus each time. Disabling unused media options would also be nice.
Old 08-24-2018, 04:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's a pain when you mis-push buttons and nave to cycle thru all selections instead of being able to return to where you were.
Old 08-25-2018, 02:47 AM

Received 2,584 Likes on 1,503 Posts

You can use Forscan to disable Sirius if you don't have a subscription. Look at the spreadsheet in the Forscan thread... you may be able to remove other stuff as well. Keep in mind that, once removed, it's gone for good unless you change the bits back. There is no way to eliminate it from the "M" steering wheel button but still have it accessible via the touchscreen.
Old 08-25-2018, 07:54 AM

Received 1,204 Likes on 754 Posts

Originally Posted by tvsjr
You can use Forscan to disable Sirius if you don't have a subscription. Look at the spreadsheet in the Forscan thread... you may be able to remove other stuff as well. Keep in mind that, once removed, it's gone for good unless you change the bits back. There is no way to eliminate it from the "M" steering wheel button but still have it accessible via the touchscreen.
Actually my Sirius is activated. Not sure how as I did not do it. The Truck was a demo so perhaps Ford did it. I do use Sirius occasionally and also have this 6 month free trial the truck came with that I apparently do not need to activate.

Quick Reply: How to....Radio