Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Here's an odd one: Anyone have their seat magically recline? lol

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 02:50 PM

Received 81 Likes on 64 Posts
Default Here's an odd one: Anyone have their seat magically recline? lol

Short version, parked in outdoor parking lot yesterday. Got out and locked it as I always do. 60 min later, while walking back tried to remote start via the fordpass app and it didn't work (surprise i know). Anyways, I thought whatever when I got to eye distance from the truck I remote started with the key fob, unlocked door and got it and was like WTF? Why is my drivers seat reclined????

immediate thought was like, uhoh, was someone in the truck? But nope, everything was still in place, including my laptop which was sitting right there on the seat lol.

weird eh?
Old 02-12-2019, 03:00 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

This happens to me a lot, it's because when I get out, i'll rub the power seat controls. I wish they were a bit further back or on the door.
Old 02-12-2019, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boy, am I glad I am not the only one
Old 02-12-2019, 03:26 PM

In my case I'm 99.9999% sure its not from hitting the switch. Had truck since Oct 17, and 50,000 km's not once has this happened.

edit - I should note that it wasnt just slightly reclined, but rather almost fully laid back.

Last edited by CCCT; 02-12-2019 at 03:31 PM.
Old 02-12-2019, 03:38 PM

Received 215 Likes on 144 Posts

I get he same thing all the time. I had a friend at work sit in the truck and he had his legs toward the outside, not all the way in. Later I went to my truck and the seat was nearly all the way back. I figured he was just playing around. When I asked him he didn't realize he had done it. Anytime I lean in from the passenger side to get something out of the center console it does it to.
Old 02-12-2019, 03:58 PM

Received 219 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by labmaster02
I get he same thing all the time. I had a friend at work sit in the truck and he had his legs toward the outside, not all the way in. Later I went to my truck and the seat was nearly all the way back. I figured he was just playing around. When I asked him he didn't realize he had done it. Anytime I lean in from the passenger side to get something out of the center console it does it to.
This happens every time lol. The seat is so quiet that you don't even realize it's happening.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:01 PM

On second thought I did have to go back in and get 5 bucks from the console. Guess this is the only possible explanation in my case. Weird that's its never happened before though. Oh well.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:21 PM

Received 644 Likes on 270 Posts

Our 2016 XLT has not reclined on it's own, but twice while driving the seat moved all the way forward squishing my wife up to the steering wheel.,
Old 02-12-2019, 06:26 PM

Received 128 Likes on 90 Posts

I have often felt that someone adjusted the drivers seat lower when I get in at times. Maybe I'm bumping the lever without knowing it. Have to check that out.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:39 PM

Received 157 Likes on 109 Posts

We had a customer say that when his truck was parked on a incline, and left overnight, he's come out in the morning, and his passenger seat was laid clear back. (That this happened every time!!)
So, we took his truck in put it on the rack, simulated the angle, took a string and some fishing weights, put the weights against the seats and left it overnight.
Came in the next morning, and it had NOT moved.

So after he came in he said that EVERY TIME that he and his wife came home the next day it was laid back.

(The plot thickens)

So we had him get his wife, take it for a ride, bring it back to the shop, and we watched them get out of the truck.

He got out fine.

She slid over the bolster, and drug her but across the buttons, and guess what............. the seat laid back.

On another note, I have reached across the drivers seat into the console, my belly hit the button, and changed the angle of the seat.

FWIW
The following users liked this post:
4ever2wheels (02-12-2019)

Quick Reply: Here's an odd one: Anyone have their seat magically recline? lol