Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with Warranty on Demo

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 08:41 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Help with Warranty on Demo

Does anyone know the standard practice for when the warranty goes into effect on a demo?

My salesman told me it starts from when the consumer purchases the vehicle, not when it went into servce. Is that accurate??

It is eligible for all "new car" factory incentives so it seems reasonable that it would have the full balance of the new car warranty.
Old 05-09-2017, 08:43 AM
Some guy

Received 2,022 Likes on 1,284 Posts

That might be a better question to call Ford about directly.
Old 05-09-2017, 08:45 AM
5.0 DOHC V8

Received 1,587 Likes on 974 Posts

How many miles are on this demo? Curious.
Old 05-09-2017, 09:21 AM
Brodozin' through life

Received 1,345 Likes on 840 Posts

Demos are sold as if they were brand new vehicles. Warranty starts on purchase date.
Old 05-09-2017, 10:09 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

The warranty on the only demo I've ever purchased started the day I took ownership. That car had around 3000 miles. I had it in writing. I would make sure your paperwork states that somewhere.
Old 05-09-2017, 10:10 AM

Received 268 Likes on 209 Posts

Warranty starts with the date and mileage when it's first titled, whether it's 3 miles or 3000 miles. You'll have your 36k miles and 3 yrs from that date and odo reading.
Old 05-09-2017, 10:13 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Concurring with everyone else. Warranty starts from the day you bought it and the miles that exist on the vehicle don't effect the mileage part of your warranty.

If the vehicle had 500 miles, than it would come with a 3 year / 36,500 warranty starting on the day you sign papers. I know in jersey, one of the documents you sign, even on new vehicles, is an odometer verification document that shows how many miles are on the vehicle at that time.
Old 05-09-2017, 05:04 PM

Thanks for everyone's input.

My salesman told me it started when I bought the vehicle, and that jived with everything I had seen online. Shame on me for not getting it in writing, but honestly I just didn't think it would be an issue. I always thought that it started when a new vehicle was titled.

When I log onto the ford website to my vehicle account, it says my warranty start date was 5 months ago.

I'm waiting to hear back from the dealership and I've also contacted Ford to see if they can clarify.

Should I cry foul and make a big stink about this? I just feel stupid that I trusted the salesman.

-CT
Old 05-09-2017, 05:21 PM

Received 1,267 Likes on 843 Posts

Originally Posted by cthomp
Thanks for everyone's input.

My salesman told me it started when I bought the vehicle, and that jived with everything I had seen online. Shame on me for not getting it in writing, but honestly I just didn't think it would be an issue. I always thought that it started when a new vehicle was titled.

When I log onto the ford website to my vehicle account, it says my warranty start date was 5 months ago.

I'm waiting to hear back from the dealership and I've also contacted Ford to see if they can clarify.

Should I cry foul and make a big stink about this? I just feel stupid that I trusted the salesman.

-CT
You bought a real new demo,,, or the GM wife's borrowed truck from the dealer that was titled in her name or dealers name five months and 3000 miles ago?

Or was this Sam's old truck that blew the motor at 2975 miles that they bought back and they just now got it fixed??...
...... Just pulling your leg...

Note my 1968 Mustang was the dealer's wife's car,, that I bought with about 3000 miles on it and got years of trouble free use out of it... Till of course it started rusting out after a few years..

Last edited by Livoniabob; 05-09-2017 at 05:35 PM.
Old 05-09-2017, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Livoniabob
You bought a real new demo,,, or the GM wife's borrowed truck from the dealer that was titled in her name or dealers name five months and 3000 miles ago?
Geeze....well i hope the former, of course. Don't they have to disclose when something is a used car? I don't think I'm misremembering that the last used car I bought I signed something saying that it was a used car and there was no warranty expressed/implied yada yada

This still had the factory sticker on the window, qualified for new car incentives, is listed as "new" on the bill of sale.