Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!! 5.0 2018 F-150 interior vacuum noise??

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!! 5.0 2018 F-150 interior vacuum noise??

I am having a very strange air purging type of noise (see link below for video of the noise) that can be heard only on the interior of the car. I have had it to 2 different Ford dealerships (1 of which, was incompetent) and a performance shop and am no closer to finding a diagnosis.

I bought a brand new 2018 5.0 F150 from Beechmont Ford in Cincinnati Oh. and drove it home to west Texas. I had Beechmont do a stage 1 whilpple Supercharger with oil pump gears. The day after I got home, I started to here the noise. Aside from hearing the noise, the car drives perfectly. I wasn't sure where it was coming from and took it to a local Ford dealer, who immediately blamed the super charger and refused to look into the issue any further. I found a shop in Austin Texas (Pro Modular Performance) that could look at the truck and had it transported to them. I also sent a log off to Whipple which said that everything looked within normal range.

Promodularperformance had it for 2 weeks and could tell me that it wasn't coming from the blower, engine, IWE/purge valve, or transmission, but was unable to pin point exactly where the noise was coming from. Kirk (shop owner) said that the noise was internal to the cab of the truck. He suspected it had something to do with the heater core and bypassed it, yet the noise was still there. He suspects it has something to do with the brake booster vacuum from the fire wall to the pedel rod connection, but he was not able to confirm this. The brakes work perfectly and he visually inspected the brake booster and it looked good. He ended up taking it to a local Ford dealer in Austin and had 4 different technicians listen to it, but still no diagnosis. I picked up the truck yesterday and drove it home. Now I am at a loss of what to do.

Here are a few other characteristics about the noise:

Noise happens intermittently, but frequently.
It happens in 2x4 and 4x4 the same
It happens at all different speeds and while the car is stopped in drive with my foot on the brake.
I have never heard the noise in park.

Here is a link to a video where you can here the noise, it is heard best with the volume turned up.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ma7cptu24...%20PM.mov?dl=0

Any help will be much appreciated!!
Old 07-29-2020, 06:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2018 f150 3.5 EcoBoost same sound since day one.

Hello I'm just following up to see if you got anywhere with this? I've had the same issue since day one exact same sound. Service department say its normal because I do r have a center console. In other words we don't know what it is.
Old 04-15-2023, 07:49 PM
2020 Ford F150 XLT 5.0 V8

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Any update on this, I have 2020 F150 XLT 5.0 V8 and have same brake suction vacuum noise, dealer tech said normal, but I don’t agree. Brake works fine. Do you guys also have the hydraulic type emergency brakes.

Quick Reply: HELP!! 5.0 2018 F-150 interior vacuum noise??