Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello, and disappointing service story...very! And, it's a long read...I apologize.

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 10:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry Hello, and disappointing service story...very! And, it's a long read...I apologize.

So, I'm new here, hello everyone for starters.
I picked up my new Lariat Screw 5.0 a couple of weeks ago. Took some time to find a truck to suit my wants and needs and had to have it brought i from another dealer. There was some damage to the sound/heat insulation matting on the firewall. It looked like maybe an animal tried using some of it to make a nest, somewhere other than under the hood by the way. My dealer ordered the new pads and I took it in on Wednesday to have it installed. I took in the new TSB for the cooled seat backs and they immediately acknowledged that and have parts on order (backordered).
So, today I picked up my truck after having the insulation replaced. I will say that they seemed to have done a good job, visually at least. However, there were issues.
I always look over my vehicle after service, I'm fussy. First, when I popped the hood I noticed two dirty foot prints on either side of the bumper. So, I get that it's a big vehicle and they had a tough job working under the hood, but if you have to stand on a bumper maybe mats or padding would be used?? I guess not.
Then, I jumped in the truck and immediately noticed a scratch on the silver painted trim on the console, right by the shifter. Pretty obvious, although quite tiny. The contrast of black plastic showing through the silver paint!! Ahhhhh!
So, I drove the truck up to the service bay and pointed out the issues. Service writer took photos, apologized and acknowledged the issues and said a new part for the console would be ordered.
I drove away, angry but happy to not be driving the loaner Fiesta. After about 5 mins I got a Hill Start Assist not available warning on the dash. Clicked OK and drove on. Stopped for a coffee and when I restarted the truck I got the same warning. Again cleared it and figured I'd call the dealer in the morning.
On the way home when pulling away from a light the truck suddenly lost power. It was like a limp mode sort of thing, press the gas with no response. It was momentary and I was just a couple blocks from home. Now I figure I'll have to go back to dealer in the morning. Well, it did it again as I rounded the last corner for home!
I stopped at my community mail box to get mail and shut off the engine. When walking back to my truck, I noticed the brake lights were on. Sure enough, nothing I do make the brake lights go out, so when I get home I look for something obvious but didn't find anything. So, after a look in the manual I pulled the fuse for the brakes so the battery wouldn't be dead in the morning.
I am furious! I use my truck as a work vehicle and have to return to the site I have been at this week, 1.5 hrs away tomorrow to finish up and get all of my equipment that has been there all week, several equipment cases about 350lbs. I'm hoping they will give me something a little bigger than a Fiesta for the day tomorrow or Ill be strapping stuff to the roof.
Did I mention I am furious?!
Old 09-10-2015, 11:41 PM
F250>F150

Received 917 Likes on 483 Posts

Sorry about your truck. That Hill Start Assist seems to have struck a few of the owners here. I hope they can figure out exactly what it is and correct it for the current and future owners of the trucks.

Some of the issues with the truck are only cosmetic, but I think if my truck lost power- especially at an intersection- I'd be freaked out.

Good luck and keep us posted by updating this thread.
Old 09-11-2015, 04:54 AM

Received 366 Likes on 225 Posts

I feel very fortunate with my 2010 I bought new in May of 2011. I ran it 4 yrs and three months. Had oil and filter changes and rear brakes done. Never a issue with anything so I'm keeping my fingers crossed with my 2015.
As far as a boot print on the bumper or a tiny scratch. I would of noticed it and moved on. I've never owned a show truck. All work for me. Generally scratches appear in time with any car or truck if it gets used, at least with mine.
Old 09-11-2015, 06:21 AM

Received 58 Likes on 31 Posts

If an animal(squirrel, mice, etc...) chewed up some insulation, isn't it possible that they may have also damaged some wires causing some of these other electrical issues? Just sayin...
Old 09-11-2015, 06:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, truck is back home and fixed, at least partially. All of the brake light, hill start warnings and loss of power were due to a mis-adjusted brake switch after reassembly. I guess they had to dismantle some of those components where they passed through the firewall to do the heat/sound insulation. Glad it wasn't something worse.
stainlessman - Never an issue with my 2012 FX4 either. If it had been a chrome bumper I might have just wiped the boot prints and let it pass with just a mention to the writer. But it's a painted bumper and I'd think that if you owned a Mustang and took it in for service and found dirty boot prints on the bumper you might be upset. I would be and I think it's all the same. $60,000 vehicle is a $60,000 vehicle IMO. And the same for the scratch on the console. Only 1500km on it. If I had scratched it well then my bad but that was not the case.
COBRAJOE - Yeah, thought about the wiring being chewed up at delivery time. But I was assured that they looked it over very well for pest damage and I also took a good long look once the truck was home with my inspection camera. Glad it wasn't something like that for sure.
So, the parts for the cooled seats are on order as is the trim piece for the console. And, I am once again happy to not be driving the loaner Fiesta!
Old 09-11-2015, 06:43 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

happy ending
Old 09-11-2015, 09:30 PM

Received 170 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Cobrajett
Well, truck is back home and fixed, at least partially. All of the brake light, hill start warnings and loss of power were due to a mis-adjusted brake switch after reassembly. I guess they had to dismantle some of those components where they passed through the firewall to do the heat/sound insulation. Glad it wasn't something worse.
stainlessman - Never an issue with my 2012 FX4 either. If it had been a chrome bumper I might have just wiped the boot prints and let it pass with just a mention to the writer. But it's a painted bumper and I'd think that if you owned a Mustang and took it in for service and found dirty boot prints on the bumper you might be upset. I would be and I think it's all the same. $60,000 vehicle is a $60,000 vehicle IMO. And the same for the scratch on the console. Only 1500km on it. If I had scratched it well then my bad but that was not the case.
COBRAJOE - Yeah, thought about the wiring being chewed up at delivery time. But I was assured that they looked it over very well for pest damage and I also took a good long look once the truck was home with my inspection camera. Glad it wasn't something like that for sure.
So, the parts for the cooled seats are on order as is the trim piece for the console. And, I am once again happy to not be driving the loaner Fiesta!
Please come back and update this thread either way but especially if the problem returns

Good luck
Old 12-08-2016, 03:59 PM

Received 984 Likes on 664 Posts

aaannnnd he never came back
Old 03-21-2018, 12:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We needed a part by the weekend to sell our truck and ordered in Wednesday night. We paid $58 for the overnight shipping to make sure we got the part. The part was coming the same state we live in so we figured this would not a problem. Friday came around, no part, so we called and left a message telling them if we didn't get it by Saturday to cancel the order. Saturday, no part, Monday no part, we were surprised when the part showed up on Tuesday. Called them and asked for a refund. Was given the run-around and told a manager would call us back. One week later, no manager call, called back the next week, waited 30 mins and finally talked to someone claiming to be a manager. They said no refund would be given because sometimes with processing, our overnight shipping can take 6 days. I asked about why no one called me back after my messages, he claimed he never got any messages. Crooks, refused even to give me 50 cents back on the $58 shipping on the $12 part. DO NOT USE THEIR OVERNIGHT SHIPPING SCAM!
Old 03-21-2018, 12:43 PM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

Yeah, that's a valuable post. No vendor listed...

By the way, everyone's overnight shipping is when it ships. Order processing times vary by company.

Quick Reply: Hello, and disappointing service story...very! And, it's a long read...I apologize.