Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Had an eventful drive home yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Had an eventful drive home yesterday

Like it says, got in a little accident (got cut off but thats neither here nor there) Not much damage to the truck at all the hood has a dent that i can heat up and bend back into position. My 2 main concerns are my bumper got pushed to the side some so i lost clearance on the driver side (its still perfectly driveable) but wondering some ideas how to pull it out and back into place. Also the plastic that broke in bumper i have the 2015 sport and it had the open vent part number FL3Z-17E810-AD but didnt have the license plate, every where ive looked all comes with the license plate holder does anyone know if thats just easily taken off or have any idea where i can get one without the plate holder? Thank you

Old 11-18-2016, 11:23 AM
Beer Gut Extraordinaire

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,317 Posts

It's your truck, but I wouldn't be bending or pulling anything back into place. By the looks of things your insurance will be covering the other driver's damage so you might as well get yours fixed properly as well.
The following 4 users liked this post by HCFX2013:
BCMIF150 (11-18-2016), CkTup (11-18-2016), jd50i (11-18-2016), RustyHammer (11-18-2016)
Old 11-18-2016, 11:28 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by CkTup
Like it says, got in a little accident (got cut off but thats neither here nor there) Not much damage to the truck at all the hood has a dent that i can heat up and bend back into position. My 2 main concerns are my bumper got pushed to the side some so i lost clearance on the driver side (its still perfectly driveable) but wondering some ideas how to pull it out and back into place. Also the plastic that broke in bumper i have the 2015 sport and it had the open vent part number FL3Z-17E810-AD but didnt have the license plate, every where ive looked all comes with the license plate holder does anyone know if thats just easily taken off or have any idea where i can get one without the plate holder? Thank you
If it is like the '16 bumper, the license plate holder came right off...there are few pressure clip that you press and it pops off.
The following users liked this post:
CkTup (11-18-2016)
Old 11-18-2016, 11:30 AM

Received 142 Likes on 96 Posts

It's amazing that the hood got bent but it didn't break the grill.
Old 11-18-2016, 11:32 AM

Received 143 Likes on 108 Posts

sorry to hear. impressive how little damage to the truck and how effed the smaller sedan is (cosmetically though).

good reminder to keep a proper distance in rush hour evening stop ' n ' go traffic. I installed a nice trailer hitch ball for that reason on my truck... so when folks feel like tailgating me on 635 in the evening with plenty of stops... at least i have somewhat of a protection
Old 11-18-2016, 11:57 AM

Received 134 Likes on 123 Posts

I would just let insurance take care of it, not your fault. It's amazing how little damage is on your truck compared to the vehicle that hit you

Originally Posted by German_truck
sorry to hear. impressive how little damage to the truck and how effed the smaller sedan is (cosmetically though).

good reminder to keep a proper distance in rush hour evening stop ' n ' go traffic. I installed a nice trailer hitch ball for that reason on my truck... so when folks feel like tailgating me on 635 in the evening with plenty of stops... at least i have somewhat of a protection

I agree, I have this step mounted to the hitch. I can use it as a step, or use a recovery strap to pull vehicles out. Also a deterrent if anyone wants to follow close as well.
Attached Thumbnails Had an eventful drive home yesterday-photo738.jpg  
RustyHammer (11-18-2016)
Old 11-18-2016, 12:01 PM
Blunt

Received 1,074 Likes on 722 Posts

Is the other car's insurance not paying for your repairs? Do you have witnesses or a dashcam to prove you were cut off? If you do, they should be paying for all the repairs... THIS is why I have a dashcam.

Originally Posted by doubleb26
If it is like the '16 bumper, the license plate holder came right off...there are few pressure clip that you press and it pops off.

2015's are the same. Bend a little and pull off.
novadesigns (11-18-2016)
Old 11-18-2016, 12:20 PM

Received 143 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackBoost
Is the other car's insurance not paying for your repairs? Do you have witnesses or a dashcam to prove you were cut off? If you do, they should be paying for all the repairs... THIS is why I have a dashcam.
bingo. same here. decent dashcam = $100 ; deductible and insurance premium hikes = $500+

unless there's a witness or a dashcam that he was "cut off" ... it's his fault. He hit the Ford sedan from behind and didn't get side-swiped....

"cutting off" is also relative. When I set the blinker well in time, switch lanes carefully... 3 out of 10 times you see someone coming aggressively from behind attempting to prevent you from merging into their lane (happens in Dallas ALL THE TIME... apparently letting someone merge into your lane is a personal insult...). those guys then tailgate you aggressively and a bit of braking action can result in getting rear ended.
Old 11-18-2016, 01:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What happen was there was about 3-4 car lengths open in front so i was letting the car slow naturally and applying light pressure to brake (coming from a decline on the bridge) Plenty of time for me to stop safely and not abruptly with a car length open still. Car shot over and hit breaks right away, to me one of those instances where they realized they wouldnt be able to stop in time and shifted lanes and slammed brakes. Unfortunately the person behind me that stopped and even said they were going to stay there to inform the police of what happen and saw it left by time the state police got there (waited a solid 20 minutes). Already ordered a dash cam cause its just going to get worse when they redo the bridge and all traffic is diverted. Should have ordered sooner but hindsight is always 20/20
Old 11-18-2016, 01:54 PM

Received 231 Likes on 104 Posts

Were you ticketed because you rear ended them and your witness left ?