Going to order a new truck, how does it look? - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Go Back  Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Late Model F150s > 2015 - Present Ford F150
Going to order a new truck, how does it look? >

Going to order a new truck, how does it look?

Topic Sponsor
2015 - Present Ford F150 General discussion on the latest generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Going to order a new truck, how does it look?

Reply

 
 
 
Old 06-12-2018, 11:04 AM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
LN-RTP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 114
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default Going to order a new truck, how does it look?

Been busy trying to navigate the Build Your Own.
This is what am ended up with, pls take a look, see if I missed something?
(is this the right axel ratio for mostly highway driving?)

Any dealers onboard who wants to handle the order? (Got X plan, Costco, True Car, etc.)

The tonnau cover I am not sure about yet. Does it help on gas mileage on the highway?

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Scan.pdf (1.26 MB, 362 views)
LN-RTP is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 12:20 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Southeast PA
Posts: 300
Thanked 37 Times in 32 Posts
Default

Forget the bed liner, floor mats, or other "accessories" for now use them as a bargaining tool when the dealer gets stuck on price. Most things, like a Tonneau cover, you can get better and pay less aftermarket. Except for the accessories and color you pretty much have the truck I just ordered. I'm planning to use it to tow a 7200# TT so I had definite requirements. If you are real lucky you might find one off the lot. I couldn't get one within 500 miles.
Wicked ace is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 12:36 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 927
Thanked 23 Times in 21 Posts
Default

FWIW, I just traded in my 2016 SCAB for a new SCREW 4x4 6.5' bed pretty much equipped the way you want it. There's really good pricing in your area on units sitting on the dealer's lot.

My suggestion is to check Brandon Ford and Bartow Ford inventory. It maybe a case of having your cake and eating it too. You likely can get it cheaper than ordering the SCAB.
big_ole_truck is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 01:14 PM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Maine
Posts: 396
Thanked 68 Times in 47 Posts
Default

I have a very similar 2015 but with the 5.0. One thing I wish I had gotten was the tailgate step.
brg2015 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 01:15 PM
  #5  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
LN-RTP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 114
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
Forget the bed liner, floor mats, or other "accessories" for now use them as a bargaining tool when the dealer gets stuck on price. Most things, like a Tonneau cover, you can get better and pay less aftermarket. Except for the accessories and color you pretty much have the truck I just ordered. I'm planning to use it to tow a 7200# TT so I had definite requirements. If you are real lucky you might find one off the lot. I couldn't get one within 500 miles.
Yeah, I was in doubt on the tonneau cover, will delete it, but a spray-on bed is about $500 around here so I might as well let the factory do it. (Unless the dealer does it at a local contractor instead of a factory spray)
LN-RTP is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 01:16 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
LN-RTP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 114
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by big_ole_truck View Post
FWIW, I just traded in my 2016 SCAB for a new SCREW 4x4 6.5' bed pretty much equipped the way you want it. There's really good pricing in your area on units sitting on the dealer's lot.

My suggestion is to check Brandon Ford and Bartow Ford inventory. It maybe a case of having your cake and eating it too. You likely can get it cheaper than ordering the SCAB.
Yeah, good idea, will check their inventory, thx
LN-RTP is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 01:18 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
LN-RTP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 114
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by brg2015 View Post
I have a very similar 2015 but with the 5.0. One thing I wish I had gotten was the tailgate step.
Good idea, I may look at that again.
Why the 5.0? More gas but same power as the 3.5 eco?
LN-RTP is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 01:22 PM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kitchener Ontario. Canada
Posts: 973
Thanked 122 Times in 95 Posts
Default

36 month lease and only allowing 10,500 miles. I hope that is annually, which still isn't a lot.
MUFFMAN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 01:26 PM
  #9  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
LN-RTP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 114
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MUFFMAN View Post
36 month lease and only allowing 10,500 miles. I hope that is annually, which still isn't a lot.
This thread is not about leasing, I am buying.
Did you lease a similar truck, is that what you are saying?
LN-RTP is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 01:30 PM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Maine
Posts: 396
Thanked 68 Times in 47 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by LN-RTP View Post


Good idea, I may look at that again.
Why the 5.0? More gas but same power as the 3.5 eco?
I also wanted a snow plow and the only engine option that Ford allows a plow on is the 5.0. Otherwise I may have ended up with a 2.7 or 3.5.
brg2015 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Going to order a new truck, how does it look?


Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: