Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This forum is dangerous - modification sickness has struck

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2019, 01:29 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default This forum is dangerous - modification sickness has struck

Owned a lot of Jeeps and got the 4 wheeling bug bad in the past. Spent a lot to make them better in the woods. Then got into ATV's and now spend too much time and cash making them run better through the woods.

Bought a 2018 XLT and joined the forum and foolishly thought I would keep it stock and then BAM! Started seeing all the mods folks do in the "build" section and the threads like the leveling kit thread and of course I failed miserably in just enjoying my stock truck.

Just waiting for the day to end so after work I can pick up my truck from my buddies shop. Went with Bilstien 5100's set at 2" for the front and Bilstien's plus the Roadmaster active suspension for the rear with 275/70R18 Duractracs on the stock wheels. Up next are the RCI skids, the rough country hidden winch and some better side steps.

You guys are a bad influence.
Old 05-31-2019, 01:42 PM

Received 64 Likes on 42 Posts

Pics or it didn’t happen
The following 2 users liked this post by JustaV6:
Aqualung (05-31-2019), rbird2 (06-02-2019)
Old 05-31-2019, 01:54 PM
Senior Citizen Member

Received 2,707 Likes on 1,548 Posts

Originally Posted by 131unlimited
Owned a lot of Jeeps and got the 4 wheeling bug bad in the past. Spent a lot to make them better in the woods. Then got into ATV's and now spend too much time and cash making them run better through the woods.

Bought a 2018 XLT and joined the forum and foolishly thought I would keep it stock and then BAM! Started seeing all the mods folks do in the "build" section and the threads like the leveling kit thread and of course I failed miserably in just enjoying my stock truck.

Just waiting for the day to end so after work I can pick up my truck from my buddies shop. Went with Bilstien 5100's set at 2" for the front and Bilstien's plus the Roadmaster active suspension for the rear with 275/70R18 Duractracs on the stock wheels. Up next are the RCI skids, the rough country hidden winch and some better side steps.

Okay! You’re off to a good start. How much of YOUR savings are WE allowed to spend each WEEK???
Old 05-31-2019, 01:56 PM

Received 801 Likes on 530 Posts

Originally Posted by 131unlimited

Old 05-31-2019, 02:15 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll get my kid to help me load up pics once I get it back.
I just tell my wife that it is all your guys fault and not to blame me for spending the cash.
I hope to chill out after the skids, winch and sidesteps get funded and installed, but everyone knows that more money will be spent on something else !
Old 05-31-2019, 04:32 PM

Received 264 Likes on 173 Posts

Just wait til you want it to run better. Then there’s exhaust. And then.......and then...

My wallet hates this place.
The following users liked this post:
crockett56 (05-31-2019)

Quick Reply: This forum is dangerous - modification sickness has struck