Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forscan option to beep with Bliss warning?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2018, 12:27 PM

Received 61 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Forscan option to beep with Bliss warning?

Hey all

Is there a forscan setting anyone has found for using the rear cross traffic alert signal for lane changes when the Bliss warning is active?

Full disclosure, I'm terrified of my wife driving the truck as her Mazda beeps during a questionable lane change maneuver. I'm concerned she will be driving, go to change Lanes, hear no beep, and merrily side swipe an adjacent vehicle.

Thanks!
Old 04-27-2018, 04:19 PM

Received 2,584 Likes on 1,503 Posts

That's the trouble with all of this "driver assist" crap... people forget how to drive. If your wife relies on a beeping noise to prevent side-swiping someone with changing lanes, please take her keys away from her.
Old 04-27-2018, 05:05 PM

Received 391 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by SoPoSassquatch
Hey all

Is there a forscan setting anyone has found for using the rear cross traffic alert signal for lane changes when the Bliss warning is active?

Full disclosure, I'm terrified of my wife driving the truck as her Mazda beeps during a questionable lane change maneuver. I'm concerned she will be driving, go to change Lanes, hear no beep, and merrily side swipe an adjacent vehicle.

Thanks!
No way to add it via Forscan.
Old 04-27-2018, 07:36 PM

Received 700 Likes on 441 Posts

Originally Posted by tvsjr
That's the trouble with all of this "driver assist" crap... people forget how to drive. If your wife relies on a beeping noise to prevent side-swiping someone with changing lanes, please take her keys away from her.
Isnt that the Damn truth!!
Old 04-27-2018, 09:14 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I wouldn't mind having it despite me checking all views and usually being satisfied with the blinky alone. Too bad yah can't get that fancy with forscan to tie bliss to door ajar chime or something.
Old 04-27-2018, 11:27 PM
Trying to figure it out!

Received 677 Likes on 494 Posts

I'm torn on this. While I do agree that all these assists hurt the ability of many drivers for some it is a good thing - I don't trust them enough to not use the mirrors and turn my head either. While I do not rely on the light (mostly because the placement of it I don't see it most of the time) we also have a Mazda and the beep is great.
Old 04-28-2018, 02:41 AM

Received 167 Likes on 82 Posts

Last edited by 1sharphook; 01-10-2022 at 08:34 PM.
Old 04-28-2018, 02:57 AM

Received 1,330 Likes on 797 Posts

No need for the attitude about liking the beep. I've rented cars with it and the beep happens quite a bit depending on driving style. When in heavy traffic and wanting to change lanes it is appropriate to put on a signal to warn others that you want to change lanes. Civil drivers will then let you in and I expect some around here are the type to speed up and close any gap. The auto alert systems think you are about to move over and give the warning even though you aren't.
I'm undecided as to whether I like it, but the system has nothing to do with whether or not I'm looking before moving over. It simply add an audible to the visual your mirrors give.
Old 04-28-2018, 07:16 AM

Received 116 Likes on 67 Posts

no thanks on the beeping.
Old 04-28-2018, 09:05 AM

Received 197 Likes on 138 Posts

Lol I can't tell if this is a **** measuring contest or a question about adding a warning beep via forscan from all the comments.

For those of you jumping on this guy's **** saying you don't need it and you're a great driver..... Well that's cool but that's not the question. That's like you saying you bought a Ford for the safety or the tech or anything and me saying "well that's dumb it's a truck go buy a Lexus you moron"😂 doesn't help the question, just shows you're a post *****.

OP sadly it's been qustioned and the forscan gurus say it can't be done. I think we all can agree it might not be necessary, but it would be nice to choose if you want the beep from the gauge cluster or not. Hell my fiance's kia Sorento has the damn beep and we have the beep for crosstraffic, not sure why we don't for that.
The following users liked this post:
Slaterock (07-19-2019)

Quick Reply: Forscan option to beep with Bliss warning?