Topic Sponsor
2015 - Present Ford F150 General discussion on the latest generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forscan change netted an annoyance...is there a fix?

Old 02-12-2019, 11:09 AM
Ezekiel 25:17

Liked 1,174 Times in 749 Posts
Default Forscan change netted an annoyance...is there a fix?

I made several changes, all one at a time to make sure nothing weird happened. The last was adding heated/cooled seats/heated steering wheel icon to home screen. Theyíre there and work perfectly except now when I start the truck the radio defaults to the home screen. I always just have it on the audio screen. Can I fix that or should I just remove the icons?
Old 02-12-2019, 11:38 AM

Liked 206 Times in 187 Posts

Originally Posted by UNBROKEN View Post
I made several changes, all one at a time to make sure nothing weird happened. The last was adding heated/cooled seats/heated steering wheel icon to home screen. Theyíre there and work perfectly except now when I start the truck the radio defaults to the home screen. I always just have it on the audio screen. Can I fix that or should I just remove the icons?
No, no way to change that, its been brought up before on the Forscan thread, the ones that didn't like it removed the icons.
Old 02-12-2019, 11:46 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Any chance you can post a picture of the home screen with the seat/wheel icons on it? I'm debating getting that done, but I'd like to see it first... Thanks!
Old 02-12-2019, 11:58 AM
Ezekiel 25:17

Liked 1,174 Times in 749 Posts

Originally Posted by Gordy49913 View Post
No, no way to change that, its been brought up before on the Forscan thread, the ones that didn't like it removed the icons.
Thanks. Navigating that monster of a thread for small issues is a bit challenging. lol
The following users liked this post: UNBROKEN
cthusker (02-13-2019)
Old 02-12-2019, 01:41 PM

Liked 206 Times in 187 Posts

Originally Posted by UNBROKEN View Post

Thanks. Navigating that monster of a thread for small issues is a bit challenging. lol
Yeah it is. It would be nice if the search feature would really work to find things.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:40 PM
Trying to figure it out!

Liked 208 Times in 182 Posts

My unit has always returned to the home screen after shutting off and restarting the truck. I figured they all did that.
The annoyance I found with adding the seats to the home screen is that they are not in the same order as the hard buttons. GRR!!

The search feature works you just have to put your exact query in quotations. If you search for heated seats and steering wheel it will return threads with any of those words. If you search for "heated seats and steering wheel" it will only return threads with the words in that order.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:45 PM

Liked 321 Times in 251 Posts

Originally Posted by Gordy49913 View Post
Yeah it is. It would be nice if the search feature would really work to find things.
what i have found works is i will look in the forscan spreadsheet for similar what i'm looking for e.g. 726-26-02 then i use search this thread i will get some good discussion on it sometimes even using all the number e.g. 726-50-01 108E works too .. not perfect but narrows it down
Old 02-12-2019, 07:52 PM
Gone Golfin

Liked 1,210 Times in 830 Posts

You can also ask your specific question in the forscan thread regardless even if it's been talked about a hundred times. Nobody expects you to navigate through it and find something when a QQ will do the job. That's what the thread is for.

I just wanted the heated steering wheel button on the home screen which installing Sync 3.0 did. Don't see why you would need the H&C buttons on the screen when the hard button are directly below. Just redundant.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:58 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just had a similar issue. 2018 Lariat SuperCrew FX4. Two days ago I used FORScan to add:

1. Heated/Cooled Seat Icons to Home Screen
2. Auto-Fold Mirrors - Lincoln Style
3. TPMS Specified
4. Reverse Tilt Mirrors
5. Perpendicular Park

I backed up all As Builts before doing anything. I added then saved one-by-one and verified each new option didn’t break anything (from what I could observe). I realized this yesterday morning.... when I use remote start, my heated steering wheel will turn on but my heated seats don’t turn on nor does my automatic AC warm the truck up. When I get in the truck and press the push button start everything turns on like it should. It’s very odd. I don’t know which FORScan mod broke these things so I’ll have to put it back to factory settings, then test the mods one at a time.
Old 02-12-2019, 10:17 PM

Liked 50 Times in 30 Posts

Originally Posted by kountryranger View Post
I just had a similar issue. 2018 Lariat SuperCrew FX4. Two days ago I used FORScan to add:

1. Heated/Cooled Seat Icons to Home Screen
2. Auto-Fold Mirrors - Lincoln Style
3. TPMS Specified
4. Reverse Tilt Mirrors
5. Perpendicular Park

I backed up all As Builts before doing anything. I added then saved one-by-one and verified each new option didnít break anything (from what I could observe). I realized this yesterday morning.... when I use remote start, my heated steering wheel will turn on but my heated seats donít turn on nor does my automatic AC warm the truck up. When I get in the truck and press the push button start everything turns on like it should. Itís very odd. I donít know which FORScan mod broke these things so Iíll have to put it back to factory settings, then test the mods one at a time.
Try undoing the reverse tilt mirrors and report back. I say that, because I did a whole bunch of Forscan changes the day I got the truck, except for reverse tilt mirrors. Remote start worked fine and heated up the seats super hot. Then after a few weeks I did the reverse tilt mirror, and since then, I too have noticed that the heated seats don't get hot when you remote start.
The following users liked this post: dingmah
kountryranger (02-13-2019)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Forscan change netted an annoyance...is there a fix?

Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: