Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fordpass - Deep Sleep Mode

Old 05-23-2017, 08:30 PM

Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts
Default Fordpass - Deep Sleep Mode

Looking for help, as Fordpass chat can't help. Ford Customer service cant help. Have four hours on phone with Customer service and Fordpass. There solution is call a wrecker.

Two month old F-150 Platinum. I got a message on the Ford Pass app, "Truck entered Deep Sleep Mode"

Ford can not tell me what Deep Sleep Mode is.

They can not tell me if my remote will work to unlock truck

They can not tell me if key pad will work to unlock truck

They can not tell me how to get it out of deep sleep mode.

I am offshore working. I am really wanting to know what I have to do when I land at the airport Thursday morning to get in and start my truck.

Sad that Ford can not or will not help. My First ever Ford, out of 15 new pick ups. Customer service is sure off to a very bad start.

Hoping some on here is much more helpful and knowledgeable than Ford.

Thanks
Old 05-23-2017, 08:36 PM

Received 577 Likes on 390 Posts

How long has it been parked? Maybe low power mode because battery is low. If you park at airports or leave it parked for ling periods of time maybe get a solar charger to keep battery topped off.
Old 05-23-2017, 08:37 PM

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

From ford site: "I attempted to use my system after my vehicle was parked for more than 3 days and it responded that my vehicle was in Power Save Mode and I needed to schedule a wake-up time, what is the reason for this?
Your system is designed to protect your vehicle from draining its battery when the vehicle is parked for an extended period of time. In order to preserve your vehicle’s battery the Remote Access system will go into a "sleep" mode. Your Remote Access system can be "woken" from this mode in two ways. One is to turn the ignition on in the vehicle using your factory key or you can schedule a "wake-up" time through your Remote Access mobile phone app or web portal. Please note that it may take up to twelve hours for the "wake-up" process to complete. Please see the on-line User's Guide for more information on Power Save Mode."

https://my.fordremoteaccess.com/FAQs

Google says your fine... the truck is turning off the modem to save battery.

Last edited by KYBlueBeast; 05-23-2017 at 08:40 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by KYBlueBeast:
ABF150Fan (05-25-2017), OuZtY4IMal12 (08-20-2017), Ricktwuhk (05-24-2017)
Old 05-23-2017, 08:44 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

**EDIT** Looks like KYBlueBeast beat me to it. **

I have the Ford remote access on my 2016. There is something called a Power Save mode that sounds like it may be similar. Here is a quote from the FAQ of Remote Access.

I attempted to use my system after my vehicle was parked for more than 3 days and it responded that my vehicle was in Power Save Mode and I needed to schedule a wake-up time, what is the reason for this?
Your system is designed to protect your vehicle from draining its battery when the vehicle is parked for an extended period of time. In order to preserve your vehicle’s battery the Remote Access system will go into a "sleep" mode. Your Remote Access system can be "woken" from this mode in two ways. One is to turn the ignition on in the vehicle using your factory key or you can schedule a "wake-up" time through your Remote Access mobile phone app or web portal. Please note that it may take up to twelve hours for the "wake-up" process to complete. Please see the on-line User's Guide for more information on Power Save Mode.
Old 05-23-2017, 08:46 PM

I have searched google for two days. No real help.

How do I get in my truck when in Deep Sleep?

Will the remote work?

Will the Key pad work?

I got the message truck in Deep Sleep Mode on the Ford Pass app on the 14th day the truck was at the air port.

I need to know what to do, so I can get in my truck Thursday morning for the several hour drive home.
Old 05-23-2017, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by KYBlueBeast
From ford site: "I attempted to use my system after my vehicle was parked for more than 3 days and it responded that my vehicle was in Power Save Mode and I needed to schedule a wake-up time, what is the reason for this?
Your system is designed to protect your vehicle from draining its battery when the vehicle is parked for an extended period of time. In order to preserve your vehicle’s battery the Remote Access system will go into a "sleep" mode. Your Remote Access system can be "woken" from this mode in two ways. One is to turn the ignition on in the vehicle using your factory key or you can schedule a "wake-up" time through your Remote Access mobile phone app or web portal. Please note that it may take up to twelve hours for the "wake-up" process to complete. Please see the on-line User's Guide for more information on Power Save Mode."

https://my.fordremoteaccess.com/FAQs

Google says your fine... the truck is turning off the modem to save battery.
I Found that two days ago on google, that is the older Ford Access. I have tried on the app to schedule a wake up. The app say that feature not available at this time.

Also where is factory Key on a push button vehicle?

Nothing in my owners manual about this.

I did find this:
Brand new 2017 Escape wouldn't start. Brake pedal hard, would not push down and would not remote start. "Deep sleep mode activated" showed up on My Ford Pass. Last time car was driven was two days ago! (I drive it regularly.) Ford said it would need to be towed in. Two nights ago when I started the car it was making a beeping sound I've never heard (this is my 3rd Escape.) Could this have anything to do with the anti-theft system? I can't find anything on Ford sites about this!
Thank
Follow
Sign in to AnswerAsk a Question
Answer
Popular
Answer
casey40510 , March 05, 2017
Hello,
Anytime the vehicle has not been driven for a period of two weeks, this message will occur.
You may be irritated to hear how easy it is to get it out of deep sleep mode, but really, you just start it manually.
What do they mean start manually? How do I get in the vehicle?

Last edited by FLSTFI Dave; 05-23-2017 at 08:57 PM.
Old 05-23-2017, 09:08 PM

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts

Looks like your gonna have to find out then hard way when you get to the airport. Either it's gonna unlock and crank or you will be calling for a tow or uber. Sucks that ford made the app and cannot assist
Old 05-23-2017, 09:12 PM
Tommy

Received 4,264 Likes on 2,183 Posts

The factory key on a push start vehicle is inside the fob. Not having this system I can't say for sure, but it sounds like if you use that key to manually unlock the door then it wakes up from sleep mode
Old 05-23-2017, 09:12 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Open the drivers door with the key if your remote doesn't work. See page 52 of owners manual, available online if you need it. Shows you where the metal key is.
Old 05-23-2017, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Hopey
Open the drivers door with the key if your remote doesn't work. See page 52 of owners manual, available online if you need it. Shows you where the metal key is.
I have the owners manual PDF on my computer.

Not one word about Deep Sleep in it.

Yes, I see where the key is located in the Fob.

So I can unlock.

Still doesn't answer on how to start our get out of Deep Sleep Mode.

How is it Ford Customer service after 4 hours on Phone cant help?

How is it 3 hours on Fordpass call line, and two more on Fordpass chat cant help?

Why is it Deep Sleep is not on owners manual?

Sorry I am pissed and stressing after being gone for 21 days, would like to know how to start truck with out calling wrecker and loosing a hole day, as I have a ten hour drive home.

At this point I am really regretting getting a new Ford. In 12 years of leaving my vehicle at the heliport for 21 to 28 days, this is the first time I have ever wondered about it starting and being able to drive home.

New truck was suppose to make this stress free. Never worried with the old GMC.

No confidence when Ford can not provide answers.

Search this Thread