Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Refuses to Fix My truck's Frozen door lock Issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 02:17 PM

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts

Angry Ford Refuses to Fix My truck's Frozen door lock Issue

My truck: 2015 Ford F-150 Screw XLT Sport. Ours kept us from opening some doors and others would not latch in past winter. By the time I got to the nearest dealer it had thawed out and was again operative. That doesn't negate the safety issue between places! and neither does the problem likely fix itself.
I recently decided to go into a dealer and ask for the (so-called ) fix per TSB 16-0155. I was told the truck had to show the problem which isn't gonna happen in June, plus the service guy hadn't heard of the problem and zero interest in looking into anything I'd passed on to him. Today I called Ford customer service and was told the truck must "show the problem" to get a repair, the customers word means nothing on this.
My truck warranty will end prior to below freezing weather, thus essentially Ford refuses to repair the truck, in spite of this being a known problem.
This totally sucks.
Old 06-28-2017, 02:24 PM

Received 401 Likes on 229 Posts

Your truck is a 2015, why has it taken so long for you to take it to a dealer for repair?
Old 06-28-2017, 02:26 PM
Ford Truck Lover

Received 748 Likes on 457 Posts

That stinks. I know where they are coming from since it could get costly if everyone just decided to go get this done, but it stinks for you as the customer who has experienced it. Maybe if you could have gotten a video of it happening?

Hopefully there will be some resolution.
Old 06-28-2017, 02:32 PM

Received 2,219 Likes on 1,695 Posts

Originally Posted by Brand
Your truck is a 2015, why has it taken so long for you to take it to a dealer for repair?

WHy should that matter? Why didn't Ford make the part correctly?
The following users liked this post:
SCrewYou (06-28-2017)
Old 06-28-2017, 02:39 PM

Received 577 Likes on 390 Posts

Mine has done it twice in the two years I have owned it. I brought it to the dealer and they where working correctly. They said to bring it back when it happens again. I completely understand this. With the internet comes lots of information about almost anything. If a dealer just started doing TSB's because someone read it on the internet and thinks they have the same problem the dealers would go out of business. With this one I think if you had a video showing it happening they could send into Ford Corporate they would fix it. When mine happens again I plan on videoing it so I can show the Service manager. That way they see it happen. I understand your feeling Ford is screwing you but you need to take a bit of the blame yourself after three winters it has had to happen more then once unless you are in a warm state. There was a thread a few weeks ago showing an easy way for you to fix it if you are at all handy with tools.
Old 06-28-2017, 02:42 PM

Received 577 Likes on 390 Posts

Originally Posted by digitaltrucker
WHy should that matter? Why didn't Ford make the part correctly?

Ford made a few hundred thousand trucks only a few are showing this problem. Ford bought the part from a vendor who made a few mistakes.
LoneWolfTrucker (06-29-2017)
Old 06-28-2017, 02:47 PM
GDreject

Received 240 Likes on 182 Posts

IMO it's a well known issue by all dealerships that are in areas that experience freezing temps and should be addressed when a customer states their locks have froze. My dealership was ready to do mine (only going by word of my mouth by the way) and the freezing windshield spray nozzle but after reading about the new parts still freezing I opted out of having it done. I've only experienced the freezing locks twice and both times was a back door, and I don't want anyone ripping apart my doors and possibly scratching panels when the new parts will likely do the same thing anyway. I didn't bother with the nozzle fix either as the dealership removed the valve and put a straight line in until the new parts came in. It works fine as is now so I'm leaving it. Those are the only issues I've had with this truck.
The following 3 users liked this post by last5oh_302:
cal50 (06-29-2017), digitaltrucker (06-28-2017), SCrewYou (06-28-2017)
Old 06-28-2017, 02:47 PM

Received 2,219 Likes on 1,695 Posts

Originally Posted by Mlarv
Ford made a few hundred thousand trucks only a few are showing this problem. Ford bought the part from a vendor who made a few mistakes.

1.) I don't care if its only one truck with the issue!
2.) Ford gave specs to the manufacture to make the part!
3.) Have never heard that it was a "few parts" that was manufactured wrong, IF true, then there should be a recall and no issue in fixing! Either way, ford is still responsible!
Beo-Chin (07-04-2017)
Old 06-28-2017, 03:01 PM

Received 140 Likes on 99 Posts

You have doccumented this issue/complaint with the dealership well before the warranty expires however not during conditions that causes the problem. I would think that now that it is documented they may honour the warranty after expiration. Good luck - its a 50-50 chance now anyway. However why do you wait until well into summer time to worry about it. If you werent worried enough about it at the time it was happening and it is such a safety concern for you to be so worried about it now, why didn't you have it looked after when it was happening?
I fully understand why they wont fix it now. THey have to be ale to confirm the condition and the repair. If they tried fixing every customer diagnosed issue your truck would cost $150,000.00 instead of $50,000. Hey Doc, I got this weird pain when its -40 out. Cure me now while its warm out would you?
Old 06-28-2017, 03:05 PM

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Kantuckid
My truck: 2015 Ford F-150 Screw XLT Sport. Ours kept us from opening some doors and others would not latch in past winter. By the time I got to the nearest dealer it had thawed out and was again operative. That doesn't negate the safety issue between places! and neither does the problem likely fix itself.
I recently decided to go into a dealer and ask for the (so-called ) fix per TSB 16-0155. I was told the truck had to show the problem which isn't gonna happen in June, plus the service guy hadn't heard of the problem and zero interest in looking into anything I'd passed on to him. Today I called Ford customer service and was told the truck must "show the problem" to get a repair, the customers word means nothing on this.
My truck warranty will end prior to below freezing weather, thus essentially Ford refuses to repair the truck, in spite of this being a known problem.
This totally sucks.
When my son got his truck, not 2 months went by when the dealer called, asking when he could bring in the truck to fix this door issue. We hadn't even mentioned it yet, and our dealer was all over it. You need to find a new dealer.
digitaltrucker (06-28-2017)