Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford lets employees share discounts outside family

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 05:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Ford lets employees share discounts outside family

Has anyone seen anything on this? If I can get A Plan it might be time for me to buy now!!

http://www.autonews.com/article/2016...outside-family

DETROIT -- Through the end of February, Ford Motor Co. is letting employees and retirees share their discount on a new car or truck with anyone who has a competitive vehicle, according to a memo distributed to dealers.

It’s rare for automakers to allow employee discounts, which are generally the best incentives available, to be used by anyone other than an immediate family member. Unlike with the short-lived “Friends & Neighbors” promotion that Ford ran in November, buyers must obtain a special code from an employee or retiree, but they could save several thousand dollars more under the new deal.

Employees and retirees can each share only one code with a nonfamily member during the program, which began Jan. 8 and runs through Feb. 29, the memo says.

The Ford and Lincoln brands are both eligible for the discounts, which are known as A-Plan and Z-Plan and typically are well below the invoice price. The “Friends & Neighbors” program, which excluded Lincoln, allowed anyone to get an X-Plan discount, also known as supplier pricing, which tends to be around the same price an average buyer already pays.

“It’s about rewarding employees and retirees for a great year,” said Ford spokeswoman Elizabeth Weigandt, who confirmed the details of the program. Ford does not plan to formally announce the offer, which it’s calling the “A/Z Conquest PIN” program, according to the memo.

“We expect it will have a minimum impact on our overall incentive spend,” Weigandt said.

Conquest terms

To get the discount, buyers must show that they own or lease a 1995 or newer vehicle from outside the Ford, Lincoln and Mercury brands, though they don’t have to trade it in or terminate their lease.

“Employees are encouraged to seek new customers to bring to the Ford and Lincoln brands with this opportunity,” Ford said in a list of “frequently asked questions” attached to the memo. “The existing A/Z program provides employees the ability to reward great savings to immediate family members, and now that can be extended to a friend or neighbor that drives a competitive vehicle. This opportunity represents growth and continued strength for both Ford and Lincoln!”

This is believed to be the first time Ford has made A-Plan pricing available to anyone outside an employee’s immediate family since 2008, when the Detroit 3 automakers all ran a promotion offering the discounts to all consumers.

The promotion follows the “Friends & Neighbors” program, which Ford halted a month earlier than planned after getting a tepid reception from consumers. Ford replaced “Friends & Neighbors” with no-interest financing in December, saying consumers preferred that offer even though both represented about the same level of incentive spending.

Under the new deal, the discounts are larger, but because people have to know an employee or retiree, the pool of potential buyers is much smaller.

The code that employees and retirees can share under this program is in addition to the four A-Plan or Z-Plan and four X-Plan codes they can obtain annually. Along with a discounted price on the vehicle, dealers cannot charge a document fee of more than $75 on A-Plan and Z-Plan sales.

'Competitive and appropriate'

At last week’s Automotive News World Congress, Ford CEO Mark Fields said the automaker wasn’t looking to discount its vehicles more aggressively this year in pursuit of higher market share. Fields said Ford would offer incentives that are “competitive and appropriate” in 2016.

“Some months we won’t do well on share because we have to prioritize profitability,” he said.

Ford’s U.S. share slipped 0.1 percentage point to 14.9 percent in 2015. Now, the company has normal inventories of the aluminum-bodied F-150 pickup and other vehicles that were updated in 2015, which should help with sales, Fields said.

“Market share is important,” he said. “But our objective is to run the business profitably, and you can see that in our results. It’s OK sometimes to have a bit of a smaller business but a more profitable business.”
Old 01-25-2016, 05:43 PM

Received 708 Likes on 486 Posts

"I got $15k off my truck without even trying"
"I can beat A-Plan any day of the week"
"They never show you the true invoice"

you know...

well if it's true, it's a good marketing strategy for Ford ("look what we are doing for our employees' friend & families") that wont cost them much either. win-win for Ford and the few lucky ones!
Old 01-25-2016, 05:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

After reading the article more closely. Looks like Ford is only going to announce this to employees.

Is there any place I can go to figure out what A-Plan would be?

Trying to decide between:

XLT with MSRP before any Incentives $49,519
Lariat with MSRP before any Incentives $54155. (really want those LED lights!!)
Old 01-25-2016, 06:05 PM

Received 708 Likes on 486 Posts

once you've built your truck online, go to "search inventory" or something like that.
once you see the table with the "matches", right-click on the price of the truck you're interested in, "inspect element".
Find the "div" with the MSRP, go down a couple lines, open a div or 2, and you'll see the X-Plan and A/Z Plan divs. look on the side, change "display:none" to "display:block" and voila!
not the most straight-forward method, but it works. Thanks to the guy who posted that a few months back!
PS: I tried to build a $49k XLT quickly, havent managed yet. I'll try again

ok, for example, a $48,305 XLT has a A/Z Plan of $42,434.
Lariat $54,110 => $47,872

PS: the Ford.com build & Price is quite different from the .ca and f**k it's confusing!!

Last edited by 130428; 01-25-2016 at 06:11 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by 130428:
fishorfly (01-27-2016), mmtr (01-25-2016), TooManyVehicles (01-25-2016), workin247365 (01-26-2016)
Old 01-25-2016, 06:13 PM
T_R

Received 262 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by mmtr
Has anyone seen anything on this? If I can get A Plan it might be time for me to buy now!!
Yes it's correct. I saw it on the Ford site at work, I work at a dealer. A Ford corporate employee, not a dealership employee can give you an A plan pin until the end of next month even if you are not related. It's not A plan for everyone. It does not apply to D plan.
Old 01-25-2016, 06:39 PM

Received 30 Likes on 11 Posts

I work at the KC truck plant. If anyone meets the requirements for this promotion I'd be more than happy to give them mine.
The following users liked this post:
HorsemanAR (01-25-2016)
Old 01-25-2016, 06:52 PM

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Dadof2Angels
I work at the KC truck plant. If anyone meets the requirements for this promotion I'd be more than happy to give them mine.
I'll bite! Got one on order and coming from a Ram.
Old 01-25-2016, 06:56 PM

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

I wonder if you must take receipt of the new vehicle by Feb 29?
Old 01-25-2016, 07:03 PM

Received 30 Likes on 11 Posts

Sent you a message HorsemanAR
The following users liked this post:
HorsemanAR (01-25-2016)
Old 01-25-2016, 07:07 PM

Received 127 Likes on 83 Posts

I'll give a couple away I don't mind
The following 3 users liked this post by fordworker:
HorsemanAR (01-25-2016), johndeerefarmer (01-26-2016), meron (01-25-2016)

Quick Reply: Ford lets employees share discounts outside family