Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford issue Bed Liner

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 02:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Ford issue Bed Liner

My truck came with bed liner, I really didn't want another tub and this one seem silly. The rubber plugs that cover the tie down hooks, yeah like anyone is EVER going to take the time to pug them back up. The dealer tried to show me how nice that "feature" was, he couldn't even get it back on.
What are they worth? I think I'm going to sell this one.
Old 02-14-2015, 02:50 PM

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I agree the rubber plugs do suck. I just got one for 200 from my dealer. I think the website says 350 for one..
Old 02-14-2015, 02:52 PM

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts

<snip>

Last edited by Kenn213; 02-14-2015 at 07:05 PM.
Old 02-14-2015, 03:10 PM

Im guessing Ford only hase one type of drop in liner. Whether its installed at the factory or dealer. I helped they guy put mine in, took less then 10 mins. Not the best looking drop in liner with all the holes for the box link, lights and other tie downs. But it works for what i need it for.
Old 02-14-2015, 05:55 PM

Received 163 Likes on 94 Posts

Pendaliner makes the liner for Ford. It is one of the better drop in liners, with a good skid resistance surface. I watched the install video, and I agree with e comments about the plastic caps. With that said, I think this is the one I will end up buying. Every time I buy a new vehicle, I keep a box of spare parts in the basement. The front license plate holder is in there, and I usually change the headlamp mounted turn signal bulbs tot he chrome ones. These useless plastic covers will be tucked away safely, until I sell or trade the truck.
Old 02-15-2015, 04:00 PM

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts

If it's new maybe theyll trade some other parts for it or refund it? Did you pay near MSRP or invoice for the liner? -somebody wants it?
Old 03-04-2015, 08:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anyone have a picture of the bed on their 15? I still have the drop in liner in the bed and my coatings guy said bring it in tomorrow if you want it done.
I'm still on the fence. Though the "board pocket" is in a useless place in the new liner I'm debating losing it. does the bed have board pockets like the liner does?
Old 03-04-2015, 11:47 AM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Does anyone know if the OEM rubber bed mat will fit OK with the factory drop in Berliner?
Old 03-04-2015, 12:55 PM

I have a basic Auto Zone Bed mat over top of my drop in. It fits OK. Curls up the sides a little but does the job to stop stuff from sliding.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:28 AM

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff K
Does anyone have a picture of the bed on their 15? I still have the drop in liner in the bed and my coatings guy said bring it in tomorrow if you want it done.
I'm still on the fence. Though the "board pocket" is in a useless place in the new liner I'm debating losing it. does the bed have board pockets like the liner does?
As your "on the fence" I'll throw my two cents out -again. I dislike drop-in liners but they do have value for certain types of use. They are especially valuable for users that carry caustic solutions like pest control, some farm materials and some construction stuff too. They keep the nasty stuff away from the bed metal which over hard use can have bare spots that are vulnerable to corrosives. Hauling lots of loose metal objects can also tear a bed up fast and drop ins help. Sand & rocks are another item that buggers up a bed. Spray ins are close in protection to drop ins but not for bigger impact dents.
The down side is they had an early on reputation for stuff sliding all over the bed! Then some companies molded various surfaces into them so they have variable resistance to sliding now. Another down side of drop-ins is that they actually wear into the beds painted surface. I built a 1994 Nissan PU for my twin boys for their "HS wheels". I put a drop-in liner in it, as it was low miles but bed was a bit scratched compared to rest of truck. It had evolved that some were then using a foam plastic sheeting to line the beds & (supposedly) to prevent the bed paint rub off issue. They still rub here & there in spots where there's no foam sheeting between. Unless there's been a change that I'm not aware of , they still rub paint. That's why I use hvy rubber bed mats that don't have those issues. I still have to sometimes place a pad against the front of bed for certain objects to avoid rubbing. Long distance hauls make me even more careful.
The key word in all of that is USE! You are the one that knows how it will be used and if you even need a liner of any kind. Spry & drop liners are a way to detail a truck bed thats had some unprotected use and doll it up for sale.
I got my bed mat form Carid & waiting on a truck to put it in. Most truck accessories stores or trailer sellers (they also sell drop-in liners, many brands and have regular deliveries) can order them and save you shipping but then tax factors in.
Lots of folks don't need any liner IMO and a mat will suffice.

Quick Reply: Ford issue Bed Liner