Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford F-150 sales down

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 01:44 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Ford F-150 sales down

This is kinda good news for buyers. Many of the 150's landing on our local dealer lots are sitting. Increasing inventory and the competition growing should all be positive indicators better incentives will come to jumpstart sales again. I have been ready to trade-in for over a month but not landing private cash, mediocre incentives and just OK trade-in offers has held me back.

http://www.smnweekly.com/sales-of-fo...by-june/19251/
Old 03-04-2015, 02:06 PM

Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by wadingdog
This is kinda good news for buyers. Many of the 150's landing on our local dealer lots are sitting. Increasing inventory and the competition growing should all be positive indicators better incentives will come to jumpstart sales again. I have been ready to trade-in for over a month but not landing private cash, mediocre incentives and just OK trade-in offers has held me back.

Sales are only down 1% for February, but that's due to tight inventories like the article said. Ford isn't having trouble selling the new F-150. I doubt there will be any good incentives for a while.
Old 03-04-2015, 02:09 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I think we'll have to wait till June for good incentives, when the 2nd F-150 plant is expected to complete its overhaul.

Ford is intentionally keeping fleet sales down and intentionally not offering a whole lot in the way of incentives to manage demand. I am expecting a big sales spike in the 2nd half of this year.
Old 03-04-2015, 02:12 PM

Received 130 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by wadingdog

They can't build them fast enough, that's why Feb 2015 Sales are down from 2014.

The last I heard, the current sales rate is 1 every 38 seconds and your article says the average time on the lot is 8 days.

KC coming online and both plants filling early orders will increase inventory as planned, and incentives always get better later in the model year.

The fact that the Y/Y sales only went down 1% after gutting both assembly plants is an incredible feat in my opinion.

When you hear about plants cutting production because of too much inventory or year end change over is when you can hope for greater incentives.
Old 03-04-2015, 02:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On the Canadian build site, some options (paint color) have increased in price, as well as the base trucks I think. Glad I ordered when I did.
Old 03-04-2015, 02:32 PM

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

My dealer told me that every 15 f150 that comes in only lasts about 3 days on the lot and the platinums and king ranches are bringing above sticker price .. Crazy if you ask me
Old 03-04-2015, 02:38 PM

Received 141 Likes on 84 Posts

I think the weather in the Northeast has played a major part in sales around here. We've been pummeled with snow.

I've also watched '15s sitting on the dealers lot for 3 plus weeks now. I wish I could afford ones on their lot, but I'm waiting for some XLT's they ordered to come in.
Old 03-04-2015, 03:18 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

It's always amazing to see the regional variances. Here they are just not moving. Lot's of 14's still in inventory. Dealers are getting new 15's daily. The Lariats I have been looking at have been on the lot approx. 3 months, the other 1 month. Here you do not see them on the road and each of the dealers has plenty of them on the lots. It's been a long time since I have not just ordered and bought off the lot. Largely because of wanting or not wanting this feature or that, color etc. This is my first experience of seeing the features I prefer, in the trim across multiple colors sitting right there.
Old 03-04-2015, 03:27 PM

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Phoenix

There is tight supply here but some dealers are throwing on some crazy markups. The dealer I went to didn't have a crazy mark up and didn't matter cause I used x-plan and they gave me 7500 for a 10 elantra sight unseen. They said the more they sell the Sooner their orders come in. But that could just be salesman talk.
Old 03-04-2015, 03:54 PM

Received 88 Likes on 60 Posts

Actually retail sales were up 7%.....gotta read the whole article

"Early customer demand is really exceptional," said LaNeve, pointing out that retail sales were up 7% in February when fleet and corporate sales are taken out."

Quick Reply: Ford F-150 sales down