Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 06:44 AM

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Ford Extended Warranty

I callied Ford for a price and they said $4000 for 8 years/125000 miles.
I bought my Ford Extended Warranty today from
http://www.floodfordesp.com

Premium Care $2280
Bulb coverage $125
Total $2405
8 years/125000 miles
$50 deductible
Almost 1/2 of what the Ford web sites offers.

With all the electronics that this truck has on it I think it will be well worth it.
Old 03-01-2015, 07:14 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Truxs1
I callied Ford for a price and they said $4000 for 8 years/125000 miles.
I bought my Ford Extended Warranty today from
http://www.floodfordesp.com

Premium Care $2280
Bulb coverage $125
Total $2405
8 years/125000 miles
$50 deductible
Almost 1/2 of what the Ford web sites offers.

With all the electronics that this truck has on it I think it will be well worth it.
I was told that if you reside in Florida, no one can discount the warranty plan to us. I called both of the national ford dealer warranty discounters (Ziegler? and one other) and they both said the same. Anyone ever heard of this? Is there a loophole? I won't be buying any unless there is.

Last edited by powergator; 03-01-2015 at 07:16 AM.
Old 03-01-2015, 07:36 AM

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by powergator
I was told that if you reside in Florida, no one can discount the warranty plan to us. I called both of the national ford dealer warranty discounters (Ziegler? and one other) and they both said the same. Anyone ever heard of this? Is there a loophole? I won't be buying any unless there is.
You can thank the insurance commissioner in Florida for that
Old 03-01-2015, 08:17 AM

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts

Given that I spent ~ $100 bucks on two batteries and bought one set of tires over 15 years of driving 4 newly purchased Tundras & lots of miles too, here's hoping that my current "Ford Adventure" doesn't warrant the necessitty of paying out $4k for insurance on wrrty extensions! Lots of bucks based on an assumption that the Ford will not stand up over time?
But then, I'm a non-believer in ext wrrty's..

In every case I know of the "insurance Commissioner" comes from the insurance industry and is definitely palsy walsy with his old buds there. Always makes me think that position is incestuous-kind of like a tax payer funded lobbyist?

Last edited by Kantuckid; 03-01-2015 at 08:20 AM.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:44 AM

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

I've owned 5 F150s in my life. The 5th being my 2015. I've driven all but one of them to the 100k mile range. I did not have $2000 worthofrepairs I any of them. In fact I do nothing repairs in all 4 prior trucks totaled $2000. To me extended warranties are a waste, but I get why people buy them. It's just not for me.

If my 2015 starts having issues it'll be gone before the factory warranty is out.

Jeff
Old 03-01-2015, 05:01 PM
JHG

Received 57 Likes on 48 Posts

I bought the Premium Care Plan from the dealer, $3,000, live in Florida. I heard the same thing and the website said I wasn't eligible because I'm a Florida resident. Enjoy your $2,200 deal.
Old 03-01-2015, 05:34 PM
Mr. Spock

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey Guys,
I bought one of the ext wrnty's for my wife's 2011 Navigator because we were concerned about all the technology it had at the time. The salesman also promised they would replace the carpeting for staining, re-cover her leather seats if they wore or got stained, replace the headliner, etc., etc., as well as cover all her electronics. Turns out, they wouldn't replace her carpeting for stains, or re-cover her seats for wear, hmmmmm. When it came time (Grand kids), they said; "those things aren't covered." Electronics; haven't had an ounce of trouble out of them! I believe Ford Motor Co. does a great job in building their products and these things are not needed for anything other that your peace of mind. Back room salesmen at the dealership selling these things will tell you anything to sell you something extra after the sale; my opinion, NOT WORTH IT!
Wouldn't but another one, ever!
Steve
Old 03-02-2015, 08:14 AM

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Bartojc
I've owned 5 F150s in my life. The 5th being my 2015. I've driven all but one of them to the 100k mile range. I did not have $2000 worthofrepairs I any of them. In fact I do nothing repairs in all 4 prior trucks totaled $2000. To me extended warranties are a waste, but I get why people buy them. It's just not for me.

If my 2015 starts having issues it'll be gone before the factory warranty is out.

Jeff
THIS^^^^! Sounds good to me!!!

The numbers don't lie. They know what breaks better than me (overall big picture) and exactly how much to fix it. They then price the warranties to be profitable. Guess who wins...
Another person bought a "Lo-jack deal" on another thread here and got some "stuff" like alignments,rotations,oil changes with it. If somebody steals my truck and has it very long, I don't want it back and certainly that's why I have insurance in first place!
My nephew had his Cherokee stolen in Miami and they recovered it two years later-it was worn out by then and nasty too! Sooner would have been even worse as it was a POS anyway.
Alignments are a very occasional item (watch tire wear and driving characteristics) and not a cost if you trade often and rotations are $15 bucks near me or free with a set of tires . I had one of four new Tundras realigned under warrty as an e.g.. Drive to an oil change is not in my plan either as I'm the guy that pull's his own maintenance anyway-allows ME to SEE what's happening underneath. If you do pay to change it's cheap enough closer to home.
People ,IMO, feel they can "buy their way" toward a "trouble free life" is the selling point. Meanwhile I'm blowing that "extra warrty cash" on another vacation trip before I go!
Old 03-02-2015, 05:19 PM
JHG

Received 57 Likes on 48 Posts

I have a slightly different view point:
This is really Insurance for covered items, like any other insurance it appears to be money out the window. That is until you need it and don't have it. We've all read about guys buying engines after the warranty is up, common? no but it happens. In my case I will have at minimum 36,000 miles on the vehicle in 18 months. Real simple, if I keep to that average, I bought another 3.5 years of coverage. Will I have repairs to covered items from 36,000 to 125,000 miles? I don't know but that is what insurance is, risk management.
Old 03-02-2015, 05:54 PM

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

My last truck was a Explore Sport Trac.
I had the extended warranty on it.
It paid for a transmission that went at the 4 year mark.
At that time I paid $1200 for the warranty.
I made money off that one.

Quick Reply: Ford Extended Warranty