Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First experience with Ford service

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 08:11 AM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default First experience with Ford service

I got some free services when I bought my truck. Brought it in for it's first service. They opened at 0730, I got here at 0738 and they were already "a couple hours" into waiting. Maybe it's just this dealer, but when I took my Honda in for service, they had a 20 stall service center, in and out in 45 minutes. So, the wait continues. After reading some of y'alls stories, I'm leary already. Will update when I'm out of here.
Old 05-26-2017, 08:14 AM
Some guy

Received 2,022 Likes on 1,284 Posts

It all depends on the dealership, service center, technicians, and the size of the customer base. No story here can be used to judge another dealership or service center.
Old 05-26-2017, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Martian
It all depends on the dealership, service center, technicians, and the size of the customer base. No story here can be used to judge another dealership or service center.
Oh I know, but there seems to be an endless supply of stories about people with dealership service issues. Fingers crossed that everything goes well. This is the dealer i bought the truck from and my experience then was all good.
Old 05-26-2017, 08:17 AM
Size Matters

Received 3,360 Likes on 1,698 Posts

Originally Posted by Martian

This !! ^^^^
The following users liked this post:
wxsquid (05-27-2017)
Old 05-26-2017, 08:18 AM

Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts

I always let the Chevy dealer do the oil change on my stingray. I tell them every time, its a Z51 optioned car, with dry sump.

They over fill it. I get home oil come out on garage floor. Call Service manager and send pictures.

Bring the car back, they replace MAF sensor, Air Cleaner, and clean up al the oil, change it again correctly. Give me two free oil change coupons.

I have four free oil change coupons right now, don't think I will ever have to pay of an oil change in that car, 9 quarts Mobil one synthetic.

I am hope when Ford does the change on my truck, they can do better.
Old 05-26-2017, 08:18 AM
Some guy

Received 2,022 Likes on 1,284 Posts

I'm hopeful for you this is a forum, so you'll hear more about dealership problems than good experiences. Glad your purchase experience went well. Mine sucked!
Old 05-26-2017, 08:44 AM

Received 181 Likes on 118 Posts

Keep us in the loop
Old 05-26-2017, 09:03 AM
gbk

Received 114 Likes on 74 Posts

Humble Tx
First oil change
4 and a half hours
They suggested I go to their off site non Ford Quick Lane shop. I said no and just waited for the dealer to do it.

Honestly I think I hate all Ford dealerships they're terrible but specially my local dealer planet Ford, they don't do scheduled appointments for service either that or they just don't like me.

I've said this before but the dealerships are the only thing that makes me never want to buy another ford ever again.
Old 05-26-2017, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by gbk
Humble Tx
First oil change
4 and a half hours
They suggested I go to their off site non Ford Quick Lane shop. I said no and just waited for the dealer to do it.

Honestly I think I hate all Ford dealerships they're terrible but specially my local dealer planet Ford, they don't do scheduled appointments for service either that or they just don't like me.

I've said this before but the dealerships are the only thing that makes me never want to buy another ford ever again.
Yeah, both Honda dealers I dealt with regularly (Ohio and NC) didn't require appointments for oil changes, but they also had more than 4 bays and you could schedule if you wanted. My truck got taken back about 15 minutes ago. At least it's nice outside. As long as everything is done right, I can deal with the wait though.

Oh and screw using an offsite, non-Ford place. If they **** it up, I bet it'd be a pain to have Ford fix it. If I was gonna do that, I'd just do tyebservice myself.
Old 05-26-2017, 09:57 AM
Aspiring Banhammerator

Received 68 Likes on 51 Posts

Sorry to hear OP, unfortunately a lot of dealers get that way, especially right before a holiday. Everyone and their mothers and brothers cousins have to get their service done right now, cause they have a trip coming up lol.

Were they up front and honest with you about the time frame at least?