Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Feels like being passed by a semi truck

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2018, 12:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Feels like being passed by a semi truck

Anyone experience a dancing or wobbling on their 2018s? I've had mine for about a month - 2018 XLT Sport Super Crew 4x4. This comes with Michelin Primacy XC 275/65R18 tires. When driving on the freeway I'm experiencing a problem where the cab is dancing or jossling back and forth at freeway speeds. Kinda feels like what you'd expect a car to drive like in 30 mph wind or being passed by a semi truck. But all the time. I've had it back to the local car dealer for service on this and they confirmed that the front end is fine, the alignment is fine, and nothing is wrong. There isn't any shake in the steering wheel and the tires are appropriately inflated. And it's not pulling to either side on flat roads.

This leads me to believe it may be the tires. I believe I've isolated it to specific road surfaces too but can't be sure. The freeways around us are grooved and this is where i experience it the most. I don't have much opportunity to go freeway speeds on other asphalt surfaces. So it might be anytime above 65.

I'm also extending an inquiry to Ford as the dealer informed me that they couldn't fix the issue but other owners with 2018s have contacted them about it.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Quick Reply: Feels like being passed by a semi truck