Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Feed me Seymour.. Feed me.

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 03:15 PM

Received 81 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Feed me Seymour.. Feed me.

Aight fellas,
I'm the proud new owner of a 2018 Platinum 3.5EB 10 Speed SCREW; FX4, Max Tow, Magnetic, Black Leather, Moon Roof, Spray in Bed Liner... Loa-ho-ho-ded.. (my God, this is a nice truck).

Now, I've ordered some WeatherTech floor liners, WeatherTech vent shades, a Husky under-seat storage tub/tray thingy and picked up the Ford Wheel Well liners. Whenever the weather breaks and
I can get under the thing with a pressure washer, I'll get the liners installed. I drove this thing home the night of the snow-pocalypse here in Central KY; it hasn't been clean since it left the dealership.
Wishing I had overnighted the floor liners.

What else does a man need that he can't live without? I'll probably look into some tint this summer. I'm still on the fence regarding Tonneau covers; if I get one, I want a roll-up.
I hate the lips that most of them have that sticks out over the bed rails, and I'd need a rigid one that's somewhat secure. If I leave anything in the back short term, it's probably of some value. Thoughts on that?

What do you guys like to use for interior care? Meguiar's?
Old 01-15-2018, 03:22 PM

Received 337 Likes on 213 Posts

Nice truck. Not a fan of vent visors. Also, you know the Platinum comes with under seat storage tub/tray thingy?

I use Chamberlin's leather milk for my leather needs:

I use BlackFire Interior Cleaner on the rest of the interior:

Old 01-15-2018, 03:24 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Aerospace 303 is a great protector for leather and plastics. It's more of a matte shine and non greasy like armor all is. Leave it off your pedals and steering wheel, it makes the surface slick.
The following users liked this post:
chimmike (01-16-2018)
Old 01-15-2018, 03:32 PM

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts

the bakflip brand is pretty well liked around here, they have folding and rolling covers. I have one & like it. I got the spray in bed liner done too or you can get a rubber mat (FORGET the plastic ones! Nope!). Considering the crappy traction they have in the snow my stock Wanglers are done, I'll be swapping those and adding the weathertech mud guards when taxes are done. the rest is totally up to you.
Old 01-15-2018, 05:48 PM

Received 120 Likes on 77 Posts

Mud flaps, they help keep dirt and debris off of the sides and especially the tailgate.
I went with Weathertech and am very happy with them. There are several posts on the forum that discuss different options.
Old 01-15-2018, 06:02 PM

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Fx4gary
Mud flaps, they help keep dirt and debris off of the sides and especially the tailgate.
I went with Weathertech and am very happy with them. There are several posts on the forum that discuss different options.
I also went with a set of WeatherTech mud flaps. Installation on the front was simple, rears, not so much! Rear mud flaps on a 2017 King Ranch required a visit to the dealership...I could not get to the inner fender well due to a metal brace behind the fender. Dealership took 45 minutes with two service techs...and some skinned up knuckles...
Old 01-15-2018, 06:08 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

From my own experience, I purchased the Husky brand floor mats and wheel-well liners.

The decision on the floor mats was based on what I've seen of the sheer quantity of Weathertech mats being returned at one of my local big sporting goods stores. New, and untouched. Of course maybe someone didn't like the color or returned them for other reasons not purely technical. Anyway, to me it seemed that they didn't cover enough of the carpeting. Also, the plastic they are made of seemed tough enough, but is much less flexible than what the Huskies are made of. Anyone have issues with cracking in the cold?

Anyway, I ended up with the X-Act Contour series because they seemed to cover more carpet and were very tough yet flexible. Even though, I'd recommend them there were still a couple of things I disliked: 1) They could have covered more of the under-seat carpeting and seat frame. Stuff that dumps on the mat often gets kicked under the seat. 2) For the first few months, the mats were slightly slippery. Not really greasy or anything, but the rubber/plastic compound would allow my feet to creep slowly across the mat while I was just sitting there. This went away after a month or two. In any event, I really do appreciate how these mats catch all the crap that ends up in my truck. Sand, mud, snow, leaves, salt they catch it all. Now if they can only develop a mat that cleans itself.....

As for the wheel-well liners. I did a lot of reading and the consensus on this set of forums as well as other truck forum sites were that the Husky liners were the way to go (unless your a 100% OEM guy/gal). I think people were saying that they fit better, didn't need any holes drilled, and one could uninstall them if taking them to another truck. OEMs also cost more, but was more than just price.
Old 01-16-2018, 08:44 AM

Received 81 Likes on 56 Posts

Mud flaps. Hadn't thought of that one. Thanks for the feedback guys. Keep em' coming!
Old 01-16-2018, 09:28 AM
5.0 DOHC V8

Received 1,583 Likes on 972 Posts

"Loa-ho-ho-ded"... hahaha, awesome! Congrats!
What else does a man need that he can't live without?
You're going to find this very difficult to believe, and especially on a new truck: shocks. At some point over the next 10,000 miles you'll discover your truck nose-diving under braking, the body roll during cornering and the extreme rear axle hop over irregular road surfaces...

Yes, a brand new truck should not need dampers until 30-40,000 miles... but our collective experience here proves otherwise. Just search this site using keyword Bilstein...

Bilstein has a global reputation as being one of the finest spring dampers available. They offer different systems. The ones I've used for my mostly-street driven rig are the 5100 Series. They have transformed! the truck's ride and handling. This is my suggestion for your otherwise perfect F150. We want pics!

Old 01-16-2018, 09:48 AM
Medic extraordinaire

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the BakFlip G2 and it is completely flush on the bed

Quick Reply: Feed me Seymour.. Feed me.