Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F150 Chirp/Squeal

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 11:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default F150 Chirp/Squeal

Hey guys

I have a 2015 F150 SCREW with the 2.7 litre V6. I absolutely LOVE my vehicle but recently it started making a crickety/squeal type noise when accelerating or even revving the engine. It is audible both inside and outside the vehicle and has gotten progressively louder over time. I usually only notice it after driving the vehicle for a few minutes and it seems to get louder as the truck warms up more.

I had my dealer look at the vehicle and after acknowledging the noise, they changed the RH turbo assembly. Upon getting the truck back the noise is still present and now my dealer is saying it's normal and that there was nothing else they could do for me. I'ma bit confused as to why they changed a turbo in the first place if the noise was normal... Seems like the dealer just doenst want to follow up as I know these types of noises can be hard to pinpoint.

I was just wondering if any 2.7L owners have heard a noise similar to this or if anyone had any insight as to what it could be. Thanks

Quick Reply: F150 Chirp/Squeal