Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Expedition Steering Wheel On F-150

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 06:01 PM

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Expedition Steering Wheel On F-150

Wondering if anyone has ever swapped an Expedition steering wheel into their F-150? The reason I am asking is I have a Lariat Special Edition, which has red stitching on the black "leather" steering wheel. I quoted leather, because the Lariat leather steering wheel is junk. I'd swap to a Limited or Raptor steering wheel, but since I have a special edition everything has red stitching. I have been looking at Expeditions for the wife, and noticed the Expedition also offers a special edition with a red stitched black leather steering wheel....except the wheel looks to be much nicer quality leather.

I'm wondering if I'd be able to swap this into my F-150 without issue? Also, anyone know how to find the part number for this wheel?

Old 04-09-2019, 06:07 PM

Received 2,584 Likes on 1,503 Posts

The Raptor wheel with the red centering stripe has grey stitching, which matches the grey in the emblems. It looks good with the red seats.
Old 04-09-2019, 06:10 PM

Received 1,139 Likes on 713 Posts

The Expedition, F-150 and Super Duties share a lot of parts, shouldn't be a problem.
Old 04-09-2019, 11:47 PM

Received 984 Likes on 664 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan02Stang
Wondering if anyone has ever swapped an Expedition steering wheel into their F-150? The reason I am asking is I have a Lariat Special Edition, which has red stitching on the black "leather" steering wheel. I quoted leather, because the Lariat leather steering wheel is junk. I'd swap to a Limited or Raptor steering wheel, but since I have a special edition everything has red stitching. I have been looking at Expeditions for the wife, and noticed the Expedition also offers a special edition with a red stitched black leather steering wheel....except the wheel looks to be much nicer quality leather.

I'm wondering if I'd be able to swap this into my F-150 without issue? Also, anyone know how to find the part number for this wheel?

Nice interior. I guess I have not been keeping up with the new trucks. I was not aware that they had the Chrysler esque transmission shift
****??
Old 04-10-2019, 07:48 AM

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by kenv47
Nice interior. I guess I have not been keeping up with the new trucks. I was not aware that they had the Chrysler esque transmission shift
****??
The Expedition got that **** in 2018 when they brought over the F150 interior. I still like my shift lever in my F150 though...as I rest my right hand on there.
Old 04-10-2019, 08:47 AM

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

That wheel looks great, you should give it a shot. I would not be concerned about having any issues with it.

Edited to say those door panels look sweet.. wish my truck had those!
Old 04-10-2019, 09:24 AM

Received 462 Likes on 251 Posts

Isn't it the exact same steering wheel?
Old 04-10-2019, 09:29 AM

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

I would think it would work. To get the part number, you just need a vin of the expedition that has the exact steering wheel you want. With this vin, you can call your local ford dealer or go to parts.ford.com and enter the vin there, then pull up the steering wheel yourself.
Old 04-10-2019, 09:31 AM
Gone Golfin

Received 2,270 Likes on 1,391 Posts

OP: Have you looked at doing the Raptor wheel?

Leather is top quality (I had a Lariat SW and there is no comparison) and the red centering stripe would be perfect. You get the shift paddles as a bonus.
Old 04-10-2019, 09:36 AM

Received 430 Likes on 329 Posts

In theory it should work fine - It would bolt up right. Biggest concern I have is would the steering wheel controls connect and work off the bat. If I recall correctly they switches perform the same functions and the switch modules don't squit any sort of serial number id to the system. Or they didn't use to , can't imagine why they still would.

Simple thing - if you can find a shop manual look up the section on swaping the steering wheel control modules (the buttons) and see if the procedures call for some "relearn" or ":training" process.

If not I would think you were golden.

Now finding the wheel and pricing - might actually be cheaper to try to buy the covering only - and replace the covering on your wheel. Or straight up buying a new wheel covering from some place - there are some nice ones out there that require actual stitching to install - and look like they belong. Also not cheap but might be cheaper than the expy wheel.
The following users liked this post:
Ryan02Stang (04-10-2019)

Quick Reply: Expedition Steering Wheel On F-150