Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

exhaust....why is Corsa so expensive, and is there a less expensive equivalent?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 09:18 AM

Received 225 Likes on 141 Posts

Default exhaust....why is Corsa so expensive, and is there a less expensive equivalent?

Have started researching exhausts for my truck now, and the Corsa sport exhaust is by far and away the best sounding, at least from what I can gather on youtube.

Only problem is, it appears to be about $900 for an exhaust that for all intents and purposes looks the exact same as a $400 gibson dual sport exhaust, or a $700 Magnaflow exhaust.

I've also seen Solo Performance, I really like the sound of their single side exit, and they're up around that $6-700 mark.

I don't want true dual, I don't want single to dual out the back. Custom shops around here seem to charge an arm and a leg to where it's almost always better to just buy a catback system.

So are there any that I'm missing that sound similar to the corsa but aren't quite so spendy?
Old 09-16-2015, 09:27 AM

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

If you just want single in single out why not just do a muffler swap? If you want an aggressive sound delete the resonator and if you want a more tame sound keep the resonator. I had my resonator cut out at first and then I had mine put back. The resonator really does make a massive difference in the sound. I loved the way it sounded without it, but with great sound comes great drone.

I am not sure what the magic balance is, but there is probably a muffler that would be quiet enough without the resonator and also one that would be loud enough with it. You can also use some of the small race mufflers in place of the resonator so I have heard. There are a plethora of options. I am not sure what the magic combination is TBH, but it is out there.
Old 09-16-2015, 10:33 AM

Received 241 Likes on 172 Posts

You have the 5.0L right? My stock exhaust sounds good to me, MO, save your money for something else.
Old 09-16-2015, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by AbitaPro
You have the 5.0L right? My stock exhaust sounds good to me, MO, save your money for something else.
yep, 5.0. Coming from a 5.7 hemi ram with a 14" magnaflow muffler so I'm not looking for outrageously loud, but like I said the tone of the Corsa sport (without the res-delete pipe) is perfect for how I want the truck to sound.
Old 09-16-2015, 11:59 AM

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts

Gibson makes nice affordable exhaust systems.
Old 09-16-2015, 12:02 PM

Received 157 Likes on 120 Posts

All these prices are cheap to me, coming from motorcycle exhaust, lol

My single exhaust pipe for my little 125cc bike was $500 , Google brocks grom, lol

$1200 a few bikes ago for essentially 2 carbon fiber canisters/mufflers
Old 09-16-2015, 12:02 PM

Received 95 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by AbitaPro
I agree.
Old 09-16-2015, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Wannafbody
Gibson makes nice affordable exhaust systems.
they do, but at the same time they don't seem to sound as good as some others. If I'm gonna spend $550-600 on a stainless gibson exhaust (I wouldn't put an aluminized on my truck), I may as well spend the 700 for the magnaflow.

What I was kind of hoping was that someone would know of some little off brand muffler company that makes essentially the same thing as the corsa mufflers. That kinda thing.

Factory exhaust will NOT be staying. Way too quiet. I want to increase sound particularly exterior sound, with minimal interior drone. Thankfully these trucks have the mufflers way out behind the cab, unlike my ram which had it right under the rear seats, so I think drone should be less of a consideration.
Old 09-16-2015, 12:40 PM

Received 157 Likes on 120 Posts

somebody on here posted about just replacing the muffler only. does corsa make a muffler only? Borla mufflers can be had for less then $100, $100 install if that......voila!
Old 09-16-2015, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by RACER X
somebody on here posted about just replacing the muffler only. does corsa make a muffler only? Borla mufflers can be had for less then $100, $100 install if that......voila!
replacing only the muffler would require cutting the old muffler out and welding the new muffler in, as I believe the tailpipe is welded to the muffler outlet.

Factory exhaust is:

-resonator pipe bolted to back end of cat with a flange
into
-muffler inlet, tied to resonator pipe with keyway and band clamp
into
-tailpipe welded to muffler outlet

So you either cut the tailpipe off the factory muffler and add it to your aftermarket muffler, or have a new tailpipe bent up to match the factory one with the correct length to have it exit where you want it to go.
The following users liked this post:
CalifCoast (09-16-2015)

Quick Reply: exhaust....why is Corsa so expensive, and is there a less expensive equivalent?