Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The end of F150 journey (seems like)

Old 05-05-2017, 07:59 PM

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts
Default The end of F150 journey (seems like)

So I think my relationship with my f150 is coming to an end soon. After leaving me stranded in the middle of no where few month ago and having to get a ride 220 miles from home, today was the day I decided I am Done.
While driving back from sams club back to work, my truck started knocking, smoke out of the engine and DIED. Good thing I was in the left lane, hard left and I am on the shoulder of 820, a busy *** freeway in the dfw area.
I got out of the truck, and oil is everywhere. On the pavement, rims, frame, exhaust. Waited 2 hrs for the tow truck to show up and it's at the dealership.
I am not knocking the truck down or anything, but I think I don't have good luck with this truck. I love it though, but I am not gonna wait for a third time. Time to trade as soon as it's out of the shop. Whether the fix is warrantable or not, I think I am gone trade it in. Not sure for what yet.

Popular Reply

05-05-2017, 11:19 PM
Martian
Some guy

Received 2,011 Likes on 1,279 Posts

@zukmeister, cool your tough man jets or you'll be ejected from the playing field.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:04 PM

Received 122 Likes on 63 Posts

Blames Ford for reliability issues yet "tuned with MPT pr-x 91"

Sounds like it's self inflected and you need to own up to being the one that's responsible for it.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:23 PM
Fake Ballin for da Gram

Received 434 Likes on 366 Posts

Sucks to hear that. I'd make sure to unmarry the tuner but I'd be curious to know if it had anything to do with the failure.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by white_dc
Sucks to hear that. I'd make sure to unmarry the tuner but I'd be curious to know if it had anything to do with the failure.
It had everything to do with the failure and I'd be shocked if he isn't paying for a new engine out of pocket as soon as they hook that thing up to the computer.

You play stupid games you win stupid prizes. Man up and own your ****
Old 05-05-2017, 08:34 PM

Received 86 Likes on 72 Posts

Wow O.P I am sorry to hear that. But I really am starting to believe that tuners are very bad for these trucks.

My cousin has a Dodge turbo diesel 2500 and a Bully Dog programmer on it. He only has 50000 miles on the truck and has had more engine troubles than anyone I've ever seen.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:35 PM

Received 312 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by zukmeister
It had everything to do with the failure and I'd be shocked if he isn't paying for a new engine out of pocket as soon as they hook that thing up to the computer.

You play stupid games you win stupid prizes. Man up and own your ****
Holy **** it's Nostradamus in the freakin flesh! Congrats on knowing exactly what the issue is and blaming it on the tune. Well done!
The following users liked this post:
tomjv (05-07-2017)
Old 05-05-2017, 09:05 PM

Blames Ford for reliability issues yet "tuned with MPT pr-x 91"

Sounds like it's self inflected and you need to own up to being the one that's responsible for it.
Actually it's back to stock thank u. But thanks again for making these trucks sound like a POS that can't handle a tune.
Old 05-05-2017, 09:07 PM

And by the way, I don't need opinions and conclusions based on " I been doin this for 30 years I know what I am talking about". I am just sharing what happened. Isn't this what this forum is for?
The following users liked this post:
AbitaPro (05-07-2017)
Old 05-05-2017, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Julywizard
Actually it's back to stock thank u. But thanks again for making these trucks sound like a POS that can't handle a tune.
That tuned truck looks really good sitting at the dealership while you cry to a bunch of people you don't even know about how your truck sucks.
Old 05-05-2017, 09:10 PM

That tuned truck looks really good sitting at the dealership while you cry to a bunch of people you don't even know about how your truck sucks.
I am not crying to no one, and it can sit there all it wants. I'll donate it to a junk yard if it comes down to it. So why don't u go find another thread and troll over there bud.

Search this Thread