Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Enable HD Radio on 8" MFT Sync 2 without hardware change

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2019, 01:28 PM

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Enable HD Radio on 8" MFT Sync 2 without hardware change

Has anyone seen this? https://www.4dtech.com/hd-radio-prog...-2-3-8-screen/
Its a programmer to enable HD Radio on the 8" Screens. It doesn't say anything about requiring any additional hardware, which makes me think that anyone can program HD radio using stock hardware and Forscan software.

Has anyone tried enabling HD Radio with Forscan for the 8" MFT screens? Or has anyone tried the 4dtech solution?

I have a 2015 XLT with 8" sync2 My Ford Touch that I am trying to get HD radio on, even though back in the day, when I built the truck on Fords website, it said HD radio was included.
Old 06-28-2019, 01:39 PM

Received 111 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryguy1188
Has anyone seen this? https://www.4dtech.com/hd-radio-prog...-2-3-8-screen/
Its a programmer to enable HD Radio on the 8" Screens. It doesn't say anything about requiring any additional hardware, which makes me think that anyone can program HD radio using stock hardware and Forscan software.

Has anyone tried enabling HD Radio with Forscan for the 8" MFT screens? Or has anyone tried the 4dtech solution?

I have a 2015 XLT with 8" sync2 My Ford Touch that I am trying to get HD radio on, even though back in the day, when I built the truck on Fords website, it said HD radio was included.
You have to have a radio unit that has HD Radio. See this note from their site.

"Adding HD Radio also requires a properly programmed ACM with HD radio" You can find these on ebay and usually can use radios from other Ford vehicles. There are some minor form issues on some other Ford models, but the radio will work.

You can enable on your MFT with Forscan once you have the new radio.
Old 11-25-2019, 02:49 PM

Received 509 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by storkpkp
You have to have a radio unit that has HD Radio. See this note from their site.

"Adding HD Radio also requires a properly programmed ACM with HD radio" You can find these on ebay and usually can use radios from other Ford vehicles. There are some minor form issues on some other Ford models, but the radio will work.

You can enable on your MFT with Forscan once you have the new radio.

what does HD stand for hearing damage? I don't know what radio I have in my 2019 XLT 302a etc. I listen to Sirius. one day just to see I cranked the **** a half turn. It caused PAIN. I don't think I was all the way up.
Old 11-25-2019, 03:01 PM

Received 334 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by dougg
what does HD stand for hearing damage? I don't know what radio I have in my 2019 XLT 302a etc. I listen to Sirius. one day just to see I cranked the **** a half turn. It caused PAIN. I don't think I was all the way up.
haha, possibly.

But with Sync its High Definition radio for FM stations that broadcast in HD.
I know HD FM sounds way better then Sirius does as far sound quality...
Old 11-25-2019, 03:19 PM

Received 509 Likes on 336 Posts

thank you. I like Sirius because I listen to 60's music and there are no commercials
Old 11-25-2019, 04:06 PM

Received 334 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by dougg
thank you. I like Sirius because I listen to 60's music and there are no commercials
For sure, commercial free and picking your specific genre of music is definitely worth it..
Old 04-18-2022, 08:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2017 F150. I installed a 2019 ACM but can only get AM radio. I've DL several Asbuilts with no luck. Anyone have any suggestions?

thanks

Jim

Quick Reply: Enable HD Radio on 8" MFT Sync 2 without hardware change