Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dropped off truck off at dealer

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 12:50 PM

Received 78 Likes on 62 Posts

Default Dropped off truck off at dealer

Here's the list

Exhuast leak
Rear doors hard to close
Doors making air noise on hwy
Weather strip on interior moon roof broken
Moon roof dripping water. May or may not be a problem
Blemish in paint

We will see what they do to take care of it. Hopefully they can fix it up for me.
Old 04-03-2015, 12:59 PM

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Keep us posted mine goes in soon for front end alignment after the FX4 package was installed. Next I have bad rust and exhaust leak too.
Old 04-03-2015, 01:37 PM

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

Knowing which model and specs will help the rest of us out.

NC
Old 04-03-2015, 01:42 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Hope they get you fixed up. Wonder if your door is alignment? What is the paint blemish? Mine has been at the dealer for a week. Waiting for a Ford decision on the collection of issues. Biggest being the paint. The door frame was not fully painted on the underside front to back on both sides. There was over spray between the doors at the bottom. Pictures are here

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/air-l...issues-291314/

The dealer found other paint issues on the roof. I have been wondering if anyone else with Oxford White or any other color has this overspray issue between the doors or the lack of paint under the bottom of the door frame body ( Where the foam trim is ) and slightly up the edge.
Old 04-03-2015, 01:42 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 805 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by knezat225
Here's the list

Exhuast leak
Rear doors hard to close
Doors making air noise on hwy
Weather strip on interior moon roof broken
Moon roof dripping water. May or may not be a problem
Blemish in paint

We will see what they do to take care of it. Hopefully they can fix it up for me.
I'll get a case started for this, knezat225. Please send a private message my way with some updated mileage, your full name, and best daytime contact number. It looks like I have the rest of your information in our system.

Originally Posted by TenacG15
Keep us posted mine goes in soon for front end alignment after the FX4 package was installed. Next I have bad rust and exhaust leak too.
Having your dealer take a look at this is the best first step, TenacG15. I'll get this escalated for you too; all I'll need is a private message with your full name, VIN, current mileage, servicing dealership, and best daytime contact number.

Originally Posted by wadingdog
Hope they get you fixed up. Wonder if your door is alignment? What is the paint blemish? Mine has been at the dealer for a week. Waiting for a Ford decision on the collection of issues. Biggest being the paint. The door frame was not fully painted on the underside front to back on both sides. There was over spray between the doors at the bottom. Pictures are here

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/air-l...issues-291314/

The dealer found other paint issues on the roof. I have been wondering if anyone else with Oxford White or any other color has this overspray issue between the doors or the lack of paint under the bottom of the door frame body ( Where the foam trim is ) and slightly up the edge.
Do you have a case number available, wadingdog? If so, please send it to me privately. If not, please send instead your full name, VIN, current mileage, servicing dealership, and best daytime contact number. I'll get a case started for this as well.

Brittany

Last edited by FordService; 04-03-2015 at 01:47 PM.
Old 04-03-2015, 02:27 PM

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Sent Info

Originally Posted by FordService
I'll get a case started for this, knezat225. Please send a private message my way with some updated mileage, your full name, and best daytime contact number. It looks like I have the rest of your information in our system.

Having your dealer take a look at this is the best first step, TenacG15. I'll get this escalated for you too; all I'll need is a private message with your full name, VIN, current mileage, servicing dealership, and best daytime contact number.

Do you have a case number available, wadingdog? If so, please send it to me privately. If not, please send instead your full name, VIN, current mileage, servicing dealership, and best daytime contact number. I'll get a case started for this as well.

Brittany
Old 04-03-2015, 02:39 PM

Received 44 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by knezat225
Here's the list Exhuast leak Rear doors hard to close Doors making air noise on hwy Weather strip on interior moon roof broken Moon roof dripping water. May or may not be a problem Blemish in paint We will see what they do to take care of it. Hopefully they can fix it up for me.
Welcome to the 2015 proud owner club.
Old 04-03-2015, 02:44 PM

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

So far I've had my power folding mirrors fixed and a scratched glass,l .. After further inspection and some seat time I have some undercarriage rust and a air leak around 55-60 .. I have some misaligned doors that stick out very little but I can live with that and I'll probably fix the undercarriage myself .. This whole 2015 buying experience hasn't been very smooth
The following users liked this post:
bostondrummer781 (04-03-2015)
Old 04-03-2015, 02:46 PM

Received 44 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Makenlegs
Welcome to the 2015 proud owner club.
mine goes back in this week for air noise at the doors and the cowl, doors still misaligned and driver rear door hard to shut, and transmission shifting to fast in normal mode and lugging itself around when not in sport mode. This will be time number 3 for the doors and air leaks. The case has been escalated but I question the actual communication with the local dealership and corporate. I am being told that corporate engineers are available for my case if the dealership reaches out. I am insisting on it his time. I want the truck to factory tolerances as the vehicle was tested and not what joe at he body shop eyes as good enough
Old 04-03-2015, 03:55 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 805 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by TenacG15
Sent Info
Got it, TenacG15! I'll check it out and get back to you as soon as I can.

Originally Posted by Moore08
So far I've had my power folding mirrors fixed and a scratched glass,l .. After further inspection and some seat time I have some undercarriage rust and a air leak around 55-60 .. I have some misaligned doors that stick out very little but I can live with that and I'll probably fix the undercarriage myself .. This whole 2015 buying experience hasn't been very smooth
I'll get this escalated, Moore08; please send a private message my way with your full name, VIN, current mileage, servicing dealership, and best daytime contact number.

Originally Posted by Makenlegs
mine goes back in this week for air noise at the doors and the cowl, doors still misaligned and driver rear door hard to shut, and transmission shifting to fast in normal mode and lugging itself around when not in sport mode. This will be time number 3 for the doors and air leaks. The case has been escalated but I question the actual communication with the local dealership and corporate. I am being told that corporate engineers are available for my case if the dealership reaches out. I am insisting on it his time. I want the truck to factory tolerances as the vehicle was tested and not what joe at he body shop eyes as good enough
Thanks for keeping me posted, Makenlegs; I'll be sure to keep your case updated and keep an eye on things from my end. Let me know if you have any updates!

Brittany

Quick Reply: Dropped off truck off at dealer