Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver Seat Seat Shifting on turns

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 10:13 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Driver Seat Seat Shifting on turns

Has anyone noticed the seat shifting every so slightly on turns? Mine does it usually when I turn right. It happens at least once on a trip and then doesn't seem to happen again. I had a similar issue on my 2012 mustang which seemed to be resolved if I cycled the power seat mechanism back and forth slightly. I've done the same to this truck and it's not fixing it. It's like something is loose, but not very loose. It's loose enough that when your weight is on the seat it will shift ever so slightly, but enough to annoy the $hyte out of you...
Old 05-16-2016, 10:17 PM

The Focus ST guys have a similar problem...

http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-s...bbly-seat.html
Old 05-17-2016, 10:14 AM
WTM

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm having almost this exact same problem. Over the last several months have noticed that the driver's seat 'moves' a tiny bit when cornering (either left or right, when body weight shifts). Enough to be annoying. I thought I had read about this before and was hoping for a TSB but haven't found anything so far.
Old 05-17-2016, 10:41 AM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I've noticed it in my truck also. At first I thought there was a loose 20oz coke bottle under the seat or something. I don't think that the seat is shifting in mine. I think something may be loose underneath the seat causing the knock noise when I turn sometimes. I would take it in but it's hard for me to reproduce so I'm sure it wouldn't do it if I took it to the shop.
Old 05-17-2016, 03:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My seat is shifting also. May I ask if you are a large man JMIMAC351?
Old 05-27-2016, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by NitrousMark
My seat is shifting also. May I ask if you are a large man JMIMAC351?
Yes, I am. I thought whether that was part of the issue, but I've noticed it will do it if I put my hand on the bottom seat cushion while standing outside the truck to reach for something in the console. That's not much weight, and I think I'm pushing sideways a bit on the seat when that happens. I think it's a side to side shift, not front to back. When it happens seems to be related to where the seat has shifted to at that time, and whether you turn the right way to make it happen. A few times I had a similar issue with my 2012 Mustang but cycling the power seat mechanism slightly back and forth fixed the issue...and that only happened a couple of times. The issue with the F150 seat happens routinely. I'm going to go back thru the thread I posted to see if I can't figure out whether some similar mechanism and / or mount exists that can be tightened. I noticed one guy even uses a shaft lock collar on his to fix the issue.
Old 05-27-2016, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Stew81
I've noticed it in my truck also. At first I thought there was a loose 20oz coke bottle under the seat or something. I don't think that the seat is shifting in mine. I think something may be loose underneath the seat causing the knock noise when I turn sometimes. I would take it in but it's hard for me to reproduce so I'm sure it wouldn't do it if I took it to the shop.
That's exactly what I thought. I thought there was a tool or something moving around. And I agree, I've thought that if I took it in they wouldn't be able to reproduce it. It's something you'd have to be paying close attention to. It's annoying and something that you know isn't "right".
Old 05-27-2016, 02:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nope. I feel it is broken. I did have a wreck in mine and didn't notice it until after that. It shifts when turning a little. Try sitting in the seat and reaching between your legs and pulling up on the seat cushion. Mine will sometimes click.
Old 05-27-2016, 03:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Add me to the list

Add me to the list of people with this problem. For me, I notice it most when I swing out to exit the vehicle. It feels like something just needs to be tightened. For the record, I'm a heavy dude but I don't think that's related to the problem.
Old 05-28-2016, 10:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have this also. Like previous poster, most noticeable when swinging around to exit the vehicle. Also happens when driving when weight shifts side to side.

Eventually I'll take it to the dealer and complain.....

Quick Reply: Driver Seat Seat Shifting on turns