Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door Lock Issue - Broken or Not?

Old 04-22-2016, 04:41 PM

Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Door Lock Issue - Broken or Not?

My truck only has about 700 miles but suddenly when I get out of the truck I cannot lock all the door by pushing the little black rubber button on the driver or passenger door handle.

Before I could close the door and push the button and the truck doors would all lock. Now, I push the button and I can hear the actuator make a noise but the locks will not move. I can only lock the doors by retrieving my FOB and pushing the lock button.

Did I inadvertently change a setting somehow or is something broken alread? My search only revealed lock problems in cold weather due to freezing.
Old 04-22-2016, 05:12 PM

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts

When you say retrieve the FOB, are you retrieving it from your pocket or from within the truck? Are you trying too lock the doors with your FOB in the truck?
Old 04-22-2016, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by anthony2558
When you say retrieve the FOB, are you retrieving it from your pocket or from within the truck? Are you trying too lock the doors with your FOB in the truck?
From my pocket. I never leave it inside the truck.
Old 04-22-2016, 05:28 PM

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts

I'm not sure about if any settings were changed. You would have to go into the vehicle settings screens and then change it there. Not something you can do on accident, unless you were in there looking for something else and unchecked and item. Even then I don't believe there is a way to disable the touch to lock and unlock feature.
Old 04-22-2016, 05:41 PM

No, I really haven't messed with any of the settings. Other than putting the gages I want to SE on the cluster and changing the LED ambient light color I have not changed anything.

The door locks use to work then they worked intirment and now I can't get the doors to lock at all.

This is the first new vehicle I have purchased in which something didn't work right. My last 6 new vehicles never had a problem that required going back to the dealer other than a recall notice.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Door Lock Issue - Broken or Not?